Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rest of the Worlds Tyrants Can Chill

Options
  • 03-06-2003 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Imagine if North Korea DID another war.....what would Rumsfeld tell the Boss to do.

It seems his supply lines are a tad Overstretched and will be overstretched for a long time to come.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz criticized the Army's chief of staff, Gen. Eric Shinseki, after Shinseki told Congress in February that the occupation could require "several hundred thousand troops."

What the hell is it about the amount of crap the current US administration come out with?! These responses are entirely predictable and scarily so.

The only thing the whole situation in Iraq has brought home to me is how ineffective democracy is today; You watch the news and there are various interesting facts and points of note that the government needs to be upbraided on - although I have a feeling that this is my nature as a debater, always wanting to be involved myself, arguing - but yet does anyone do so? No. Hans Blix came out today and criticised the US and UK intelligence reports or rather the lack of accurate intelligence reports and yet can we do a thing? Not for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What I find worrying is the increasing frequency with which the Bush administration is micro-managing the US military. In effect, the politicians are telling the military how to do their job.
    Last time I checked Rummsiebaby and Wolfie weren't experts in military strategy or logistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Given that Thomas White, the former vice-chairman of Enron is possibly the biggest liar in the recent history of corporate America and was sacked by this administration, I find it unsuprising he has an axe to grind. Details here

Oddly, while in private business he was the biggest voice behind the appointment of neoconservatives to the White House- most of which wholeheartedly support the deceptive manner in which this war was sold. It's highly unlikely he will be taken seriously at all- and I don't blame ppl for not doing so- a man who swindles thousands of elderly pensioners out of their life-savings belonged behind bars, not at the head of the army secretariat.

Advertisement