Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake.ie Servers.. Whats up !!! (LAG thats what)

Options
  • 01-07-1998 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Touchy subject...BUT !

What started as rare slowdowns, monthly or weekly occasions when the servers were jammed (25 - 30 ppl) is now permanent, playing with 6 ppl on the whole of Quake.ie can hike my ping up from 70 to 340 and packetloss up to 30 - 40 %.

This from what's supposed to be Irelands premier Quake server to be blunt, is sad. I mainly play in the Arena2 server but the constant packetloss and slowness is causing the English & Scots (who once played there) to sod off after a brief comment !! on the state of the server. Donno about anyone else but playing some of those guys can teach you a lot and the slaggin is annoying.

I know a lot of ppl are feeling this way but the holy cow attitude that surrounds the Quake.ie servers after the last time has stifled all debate (criticism)on the subject.

Ed, Conor and all the others involved in the (unpaid) running of the servers are constantly adding new mods, servers, updates etc which are by now equivalent of putting Go-faster stripes on a Morris Minor. A wee bit of quality n' less quantity might help lad's.

Thats my lot, ye all have a nice day now! :)

YuM / RooK's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Good point there RooKIE. Slagging Morris Minors is just not on though :)

SB...

:
    : Touchy subject...BUT !

: What started as rare slowdowns, monthly or weekly occasions when the servers were jammed (25 - 30 ppl) is now permanent, playing with 6 ppl on the whole of Quake.ie can hike my ping up from 70 to 340 and packetloss up to 30 - 40 %.

: This from what's supposed to be Irelands premier Quake server to be blunt, is sad. I mainly play in the Arena2 server but the constant packetloss and slowness is causing the English & Scots (who once played there) to sod off after a brief comment !! on the state of the server. Donno about anyone else but playing some of those guys can teach you a lot and the slaggin is annoying.

: I know a lot of ppl are feeling this way but the holy cow attitude that surrounds the Quake.ie servers after the last time has stifled all debate (criticism)on the subject.

: Ed, Conor and all the others involved in the (unpaid) running of the servers are constantly adding new mods, servers, updates etc which are by now equivalent of putting Go-faster stripes on a Morris Minor. A wee bit of quality n' less quantity might help lad's.

: Thats my lot, ye all have a nice day now! :)

: YuM / RooK's

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I went on twice last week and got pings of 270, which is great.
    Went on twice this week and got disconnected three times in the space of 10 minutes.
    The servers are still poor.
    When I pointed it out before I was flamed.
    How fickle some poeple are....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

your supposed to type in the little box mick:)
    Yah and there is a far bit of lag to be honest. wheres quake.ucg,ie:(that server ruled

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I went on twice last week and got pings of 270, which is great.
    : Went on twice this week and got disconnected three times in the space of 10 minutes.
    : The servers are still poor.
    : When I pointed it out before I was flamed.
    : How fickle some poeple are....

Oh shutup! If your ISP sucks sh!t, then, eh, your
    ISP sucks sh!t. Get a free Tinet trial account before
    coming on here and moaning about your connection.

Teeth.
    (not in the slightest bit fickle, and in a foul mood).

• Advertisement
Advertisement