Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite types of exercise?

• 03-06-2003 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

What sort of exercise do people around here most enjoy doing? To start off the thread, my favourite types of exercise are Yoga and Tai Chi. You might think that because you don't huff and puff and sweat (women-change that word to pespire) it dosen't count as exercise, but believe me, Yoga is as tough an exercise as, say, an aerobic workout!!!!! But the benefits of yoga and Tai Chi are as much mental-improved focus and concentration, greater relaxation etc, and I do LOVE it! So what do others enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

running when i get into it. (only coz when i finally get into it, i'm just very proud of the fact that i can actually run)

probably swimming, and dancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

My favourite forms of exercise would be:
    Athletics
    Swimming
    Rowing
    and
    Football

Only coz they invovle hard work I like to feel that I'm working hard always want to push myself harder.

Plus the cardiovascular exercises such as rowing and running help me get rid of a lot tension and aggression.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Boxing i find is very good at releasing tension. Get yourself a professional punch-bag and away you go. I got so into it one day I knocked my neighbours punch-bag out of the supports it was screwed into in the roof.

If you dont have a punch bag you could go hang around some dodgy pubs / nightclubs and start punching random people.

I suggest getting a punch bag though as the latter can end you up in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Rowing at the moment, but let me just say that it has to be rowing on a river coz on the machine it is so boring. But just doing some weights and using a bike can be quite enjoyable aswell.
    Worst excercise in the gym would be the Stairclimber, or stepper, or whatever it is called.

I want to take up rockclimbing. I did it a couple of times on an adventure holiday and i loved it but I can't seem to find any information about it in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Amz

Only coz they invovle hard work I like to feel that I'm working hard always want to push myself harder.

yeah. some of the excercise i do i just love because its fun, such as dancing and swimming, but with running, what i like it the buzz i get when i feel myself push myself harder then i thought i could do. and that buzz spurs me on to od more stuff. its great. i can't wait to get settled in the states and start running again.*woohoo*

• Advertisement
Advertisement