Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip - FRIACO and Dual Channel ISDN Support

Options
  • 03-06-2003 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Folks,

as we all know UTV are due to unveil their FRIACO package shortly, this has been discussed in a number of other threads. At this point (having talked to UTV to-day) it seems that they are not planning to support dual channel ISDN under FRIACO. I know a number of people have asked Scott to provide this support. It might therefore be worthwhile to highlight this issue AGAIN to UTV for those of us outside of the DSL/Wireless areas.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    ...UTV...are not planning to support dual channel ISDN under FRIACO...

And they don't support it under their current "Flat Rate" system either. Another kick in the teeth for those of us who'll probably never see broadband.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

well in all fairness if they did offer flatrate duel channel, every warez wh0re in the country who couldnt get bb would sign up - i kno i would :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by Dar
    well in all fairness if they did offer flatrate duel channel, every warez wh0re in the country who couldnt get bb would sign up - i kno i would :).

Downloading warez at 15KB/sec.... Ohhh sounds like fun. :p

I don't think there is any reason for them not to support dual channel (as far as I recall they were planning to offer that anyway), however you would obviously need to pay almost twice as much as you would be using 2 ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

i do..errrr would do it :p

im not surprised tbh 1) would cost them double the bandwidth and 2) if theres a large singup then the performace could be made very poor by the 128k bandwidth hogs.

they may do it in the future i guess but atm i think its an ok decesion. That said im biased as i hope to have broadband within the month ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

On several occasions I have had to open my ISDN to 128k. But not once have I ever seen anything near 15kb/sec download. In fact the highest I have actually seen it do was 12.2kbs and I have tried several different modems to see if I could get better download times but to no avail. Hopefully at some time in the near future it just might happen :)

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by OHP
    On several occasions I have had to open my ISDN to 128k. But not once have I ever seen anything near 15kb/sec download. In fact the highest I have actually seen it do was 12.2kbs and I have tried several different modems to see if I could get better download times but to no avail. Hopefully at some time in the near future it just might happen :)

OHP
    Never have a problem-get about 14k whic h is what I'd expect- one point though, if you are using an "isdn modem" through your serial port, that may be the limiting factor in your downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by jd
    Never have a problem-get about 14k whic h is what I'd expect- one point though, if you are using an "isdn modem" through your serial port, that may be the limiting factor in your downloads
    I tried everything I think, internal / external / usb even a new computer, so I just gave up in the end tbh after downloading millions of new drivers for them all etc. etc. Needless to say I did not do it myself I actually paid a few different people to do it but they all said the same thing. Just that bit too far from the exchange :(

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 joec

are utv gonna support 64k single channel isdn ? as in will it be the same price as 56k? i presume yes but need to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

AFAIK they will continue to support single channel, and as for pricing it should be the same as the 56k.

M.

Advertisement