Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-Lan Game Anyone?

Options
  • 03-06-2003 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be on for coming to Portlaoise for some Lan gamin'? I'm getting serious withdrawl symotons from not playing against anyone good since i left work in dublin. We have space and power for maybe three or four pcs as well as our own two here in the office and the place is networked already. Could stick CS on the server and away we go! Then up to delaneys for a few pints!!!

I'm thinking do this within the next few weeks??? Anyone interested? Would play anthing else that people want to like UT: Tactical ops or 1942 or whatever! Just bring your PCs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wow! I've never seen anything made a stickie so quick!! Smells good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Few scoops yeah sounds good, and the games of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

no probs Paul :)

a nice mini-la sounds good tho.

my only prob is I cant bring meh pc :(

could use one of yore office ones tho :p

BF1942....UT03....HL....Q3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Im in work in portlaoise most saturdays and tommorow (4th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Hey
    Yeah I'd be well up for it , no lan for me sine they turned the computer shop opposite the church into a fas centre , I know another guy who would be well up for it as well , give us a shout if you want to do it.

• Advertisement

Dammit paul , I want lan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

hehe dancing priest..
    your gettin a bit carried away with lans:)

you know that wont be as good as Ennis :p

cartman

HeHe , looking foreward to the next ennis one , but promise me that you'll mind my keyboard untill then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Right lets get this goin. We were chatting here last night about this and we're gonna go ahead with a small lan party in the next two weeks.

FIRST OF ALL THIS IS NOT MEANT AS a COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR ME OR MY COMPANY. WE WILL BE USING OUR REPAIR CENTRE AS A VENUE BUT WILL NOT USE BOARDS IN ANY WAY FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

This may become a weekly or biweekly thing but the first one is purly to see how things go and to see what needs to be changed. At the moment we'll be using a small top floor room which could take about 6-7 people the way it is now. If this does well then we'll change the layout and add some more deskspace and network points so that we can get 10-12 people in there. There are also two very well specced machines in two other rooms. All are on a 100mb network and we have a 512k line to eircom as well.

What we're looking at is maybe a friday night, saturday night or sunday day thing with people brining their own pcs. We have 6 or 7 15" monitors that would do if people want them or if they want to bring their own thats grand. At the moment also we only have an 8 port switch but again, if the first one goes well we'll get a bigger one.

This is basically a test run for us and if it goes well we'll extend our own facilities and if it goes really well over the next few months we may even look into renting a bigger venue on a regular basis.

Since this is the place where we carry out the guts of our business we'll also have to have a few rules but as long as the place doesnt get trashed it will be grand.

So to get the ball rolling i've set it up on www.room101.org and we'll go from there.

If you go to the site and its full, send an email to creationcomp@eircom.net or PM me here and we'll add you to list for the next one. Remember if you dont send to that list then we wont think theres enough people for the next one and maybe we wont organise it.

Advertisement