Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much is utvip fraico going to cost?

Options
  • 03-06-2003 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

it should be launched at the end of the month:)
    http://www.utvip.com/preregister.asp

i'm guessing itt'l be at least €100p.m.

oh yeah, will it work with isdn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by tman
    i'm guessing itt'l be at least €100p.m.
    I've no special knowledge at all but I can guarantee (that's guarantee) that it won't cost anywhere near that.

It'll work with isdn but there's no news of any dual-channel support (which would cost them twice as much to provide as a proportion of port charges etc btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Ideally they'd aim for the 50-75 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

They said it would cost no more than it does now for current customers, so I'd assume that still stands..........also it would be of no benefit for them to launch a product at a price that would drive people away from their company....

on the pre-reg for it does ask what sort of connection you are currently using and 128k ISDN is in the list, but that doesn't mean that they will be supporting it of course......

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Will your ability to get connected to this UTV FRIACO depend on whether or not you're within Eircom's current 4.5km Exchange radius?

Or are UTV going to start putting down their own broadband lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fraico is 24 hour fixed rate dial up, you can get it anywhere you can get a phone line...

should make a decent saving on it if it's in the 50-75 yoyo price range, we already pay around €100 per month on daytime dial up, let alone my off peak access:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by tman
    50-75 yoyo price range

i don't know much about telecommunications but it will not cost that much. about €30 anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

so does anyone know if there gonna offer the telephone services with this cause i dont really want it or need it

regards

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i don't know much about telecommunications but it will not cost that much. about €30 anyone
    their flat rate off peak package costs that, so i'd say a 24 hour flat rate would be at least twice that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

their flat rate off peak package costs that, so i'd say a 24 hour flat rate would be at least twice that.
    ...making it more expensive than DSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Above €50 will be way too expensive for most houses, as not many houses go over 10 hours a week online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It'll be nowhere near 50euro! Scott Taunton (I think it was him, might have been Malcolm) already stated on the IOFFL board that it will cost no more than 30euro for UTVip customers who signed up before June 1st. I can't see them upping the price to 50euro for everyone else.

30-40 max. I'd say 30.

[Then again, they might introduce a tiered product range...]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Even those incredibly brilliant eircons, who have been "driving" the broadband revolution, wont charge that!

Have a read of the UTV posts.

Advertisement