Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6310i

• 03-06-2003 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

I have one of these from work it's a couple of months old now, I was using it today in the hands free, kit I was on a call at the time but the reception got really bad on the call which supprised me as I was in town and using the car kit. After about 30 seconds the phone locked up and put a load or garbage on the display after which it switched off. Now when I switch it on it comes up Phone Restricted for a while and then powers off again. I was onto Vodafone about it but they were at a loss to explain it. He gave me a load of numbers to type into it, the nac code I presume but the phone was never locked before as it accepted 02 and meteor cards before. Anybody see ever see this before?

Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

What software version is it? Type in: *#0000# to view s/w version, it might be something like "v5.05". Off the top of my head, I think that s/w is particularly bad on car kits. No personal experience of it, but I've heard of bad car kit problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

v4.80

Is what comes up

red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Red,

Powering off, echoing and other symptoms in a car kit are signs of the 6310i early software problems. I suggest you bring the handset into a nokia repair centre and get the phone flashed. I believe 6.01 has been released ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Also had a simular problem with this(well my old man did)

First up the place where he bought the phone (i wont give names - we'll call 'em X) said it was O2 and 02 said it was them and that went on for a while. Then X gave us a software upgrade......that didnt work same porb. They then reinstalled the car kit saying the arieal -these are the ones that aer like stickers that go iside on the windsreen not the traditional style roof ones- was behind the black coating around the edges of the windscreen (don't know what ya call it??) and wasnt getting proper reception......although it worked fine with the 6310.He shifted the areial but still no luck. Another software version came along and so we got that installed. Then O2 said it was the sim-card which is bull. But we went to get a new one anyway.....just about to put the new sim in at the counter inside X's shop and O2 rang and said they found the prob.Worked fine for a week and now the prob is back again.

Me thinks nokia have overlooked something or never debugged it properly with the car kit??

Thats my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by XbLaDe
    Red,

Powering off, echoing and other symptoms in a car kit are signs of the 6310i early software problems. I suggest you bring the handset into a nokia repair centre and get the phone flashed. I believe 6.01 has been released ...

Yeah, Thanks guys I just dropped it back into work it's their phone so they can take care of it. They gave me a beat up old 6210 to replace it untill it's fixed:( I miss the blueness;)

Red

• Advertisement
Advertisement