Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tweaking a nvidia geforce4 mx420

Options
  • 03-06-2003 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have a 2gigs, 256mb ddr, win xp, nvidia geforce mx420 pc.
    I am at the moment using Rivatuner to overclock it. I know that overclocking can burn out the video card but so far this hasn't happened to me. I am not using extra cooling or anything. As a matter of fact it is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 series.

Please check out the pic to see how far overclocked i have it.

My highest benchmark is 5187.
    Is this good for my specs? Or have you got any tips on making this better without the use of buying new hardware?

I am using 3dmark2001 SE Pro
    rivatunerpic.JPG
    mx420pic.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

I would say: specially for graphics cards you have to worry to "burn them out" with overclocking.

Normally you get pixel-faults or games won't start when you push them to far, and you can easily restore safe settings.

About benchmarks: Why not have a look in the overclockers pages in the net. There are hundrets of them and sombeody will have your specs....

regards

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Just as a matter of interest, what are the default clock speeds?

Cause it looks like you have quite a good overclock there if my memory serves me right.

Advertisement