Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuppin pooters

• 03-06-2003 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Goddamn my fuppin pooter. Now it has decided that it will start talking to me to tell me that it's banjaxed. "System failed CPU test"-apparently me voltage is jollixed. 3.8v instead of 3.3 on the CPU- this happened while I was playin enter the Matrix[hopefully not some peugeot-like virus] -but anyway maybe it's my PSU - anyone ever have this trouble before??? By the way I could turn off this message and ignore the problem but methinks that would be bad.

System
    Asus A7n8x deluxe motherboard
    Athlon xp 2600+ [fsb 333]
    Twinmos pc 3200 ram [512MB]
    other stuff. [crappy case - maybe crappy PSU??? who knows - I don't care- all I know is that me pooter's broke.

AAAAAAAAAAEGHGEHGEHEGHEGEHG!!!! POOB!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Does sound like a knackered PSU. Any idea what its rated to? 300-350W? I'd replace it with a decent 350W one.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

I'm sure it's at least 300 - a bit lazy I am - should open me PC up soon and check it. It hopefully is just the PSU but I cant use my computer and I only just replaced the motherboard about two months ago because I fried it with some coleslaw [I have no idea how it got onto my board but it did] - but the system has been working fine since, until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

It was me fan all along - removed it and put an old one in and it's fine now. Just watching the temp til I get me a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Originally posted by davil
    I only just replaced the motherboard about two months ago because I fried it with some coleslaw
    lol! :) that cheered me up! ahh well, back to the study :(

Advertisement