Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Cap thingy is utter rubbish!

Options
  • 03-06-2003 11:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im reading on lots of threads about download caps with IOl and Eircom BB.
    While i WAS devastated that my area has neither and with no set date either,i feel for my gaming im better off with ISDN.
    Im pinging UK servers at 40-90 on Probably biggest bandwidth hog of the lot Battlefield 1942.All other games give me similar pings too once i stick to Euro servers.
    I have no Dload cap and since even playing games uses up some of this ridiculous cap.
    If i need to get large files i do it overnight.
    Is this cap bull**** gonna stay or what?
    Between my gaming and D/loading and her good self surfing we clock up atleast 4 hours a day and then probably allnight downloading most nights.
    Unlees this rubbish ends i know what im sticking with.
    While living in Finland i had 512k ADSL for equivalent of [then] £15 a month and no download cap whatsoever,it simply amazes me how Eircom and IOL do this TBH apart from lack of competition of course:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The smart people are picking Netsource.. no cap but a little more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tripkipke

The smartest ppl move to the continent, speeds that are up to 20 times as fast no caps and lower prices :P

I guess that makes you a right spanner then since you moved from Belgium and a 10mbit connection to here!! HAa ya muppet :D

Yeah I guess so but I found a way of downloading everything at work and then uploading it to my FTP server. Its not as fast as in belgium but I gain 8 houres.

oh btw, you don't have some spare ram to plug into my machine don't ya?
    This thing is so fecking slow :(

• Advertisement

Or you could email instead of posting in a public forum .. :D

Told you find an IT system not used and take the ram ww)

Advertisement