Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why bother calling it a carpark!!!

• 04-06-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

A Photo I took in Scotland earlier this year.

Why bother calling it a carpark!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Thats really, really weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

queen street car park is for staff only, least it always has been throughout my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Dublin city is the biggest car park in the world, and they don't call that a car park either. :rolleyes:

gogo

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

queen street car park is for staff only, least it always has been throughout my life

Big Chief, your right, it was a staff only car park when I walked past it this morning on my way to work, the sign is to stop people parking on the approach to it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Technically speaking the M50 is a linear car park.
    Quite resonable too at €1.30 per hour.

And in the original proposal there was a clause that said they had to open the barrier if - and this is just so funny - the queue ever got beyond 70 meters !

Today there were 7 Km tailbacks on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by cujimmy
    Big Chief, your right, it was a staff only car park when I walked past it this morning on my way to work, the sign is to stop people parking on the approach to it.

yeh i know i am, im from glasgow and used to get the train through to queen street on weekends :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Wildly off topic I know, sorry.
    Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    And in the original proposal there was a clause that said they had to open the barrier if - and this is just so funny - the queue ever got beyond 70 meters !

Where did you come across this nugget of information Captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

ha...only in scotland:rolleyes: :ninja: :)

Advertisement