Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imageready's javascript arseness..

Options
  • 04-06-2003 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo Laeds!

I've been building a website for a mate and i'm having problems with imageready's preloading javascript code for image slices. Basically it doesn't work half the time. Could any of you Javascript guru's take a look at the following: www.anthonygallagher.net
    and give me an idea as to how to make all the images preload fully before the loading bar stops. Cheers! Thanks for any help or advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

What trouble are you having I went to the site and it seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Erm, you have a hit-counter and an animated gif linking to email you. Surely this is a joke?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Couple of points:
    1. No sign of a JavaScript error.
    2. Nice Layout
    3. when creating folders and files try not to use a dot in the name (http://www.anthonygallagher.net/3.portfollio/1.illustrations/illustrations.html)
    4. It may be best (assuming that it is a commercial site) to avoid hoilding your own Oscar speech and thanking your mum & dad.
    5. "this site is best viewed at 800 by 600 pixels". It is your job to make sure the site works accross the board, it is not your viewers responsibility to ensure it can be viewed (check your site stats and they will show you that many of your visitors are using different resolutions).

Advertisement