Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job Ideas?

• 04-06-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

anyone got any ideas on where to apply for a summer job. Im 16.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jumpingjack

your options are limited at your age.perhaps a garage or supermarket or perhaps a private builder who needs help.if you are going to approach someone for a job do so in person because it makes more of a good impression

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Nightclubs usually employ people ur age and above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a news agent or something similar

niteclub - get real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

LOL nightclub at 16. Working in a newsagents, local shop, would probably be your best bet. I got me a summer job in an Internet Cafe, score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Eh ya can!
    Legal working age is 16...is it not?

Therefore there is an OPTION to work in a nightclub...pub etc!
    Just coz u work there dont mean ya can drink there...p.s. Dad has a pub and he can employ people from 16 I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Its 14 as long as its not during a school term. THey need like a 2 hour break for every 2 hours worked or something crazy like that... at least legally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

pubs usually are good at taking lounge staff on, you could try them

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

unfortunatly not anymore - these days u cant work past 11 if you're under 18 - which limits ure employability as lounge staff.
    Pub i work in at the mo basically has no floor staff anymore because of this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

you cannot work in a pub if you're under eighteen unless you are related to the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Yarbles, when i was 16 i worked in a pub/night club well passed the legal hour which was 11, i think? Then after a few months i progressed to barman in the night club. Lounge work is utter shiite, but no publican will put you behind the bar unless you have some experience on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Was the same with meself ceaser, its only recently that people have started to pay attention to the laws. Afaik a few places got done last year, which pretty much woke everyone up.

And lounge work aint too bad if ure in the right kind of pub. Best bet is one of the pub/resturaunt hybrids around the place. More work, but then again more tips as well.

Advertisement