Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Down Six to go

Options
  • 04-06-2003 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Thats English done and over with. I did ordinary, it was easy! I left the hall at a 3.45. I was dreading this exam because all the writing. I only wrote about 10 pages for the both papers (3 for the essay). How many did you all write?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pfitz

im doing honours and i done 18 pages ,3.5 for the essay
    i left half hour early on paper two , thank god plath came up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ah u all left early u whoes!!

finished eng higher, pretty nice paper, plath came up so im happy.

i had so much fun, think ill repeat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I only DO six subjects muahahaha

I THINK I banged a C out of that one. I was a bit too tired for the first paper, but I wa son fire for the second paper. I made absolutely no improvement from the mocks though - it was basically the SAME paper

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

That english paper was VERY nice, I was so so relieved when I saw Plath there. Was sweet, wrote 5 pages on her. Wrote 24 pages overall. Was finished about 30mins early, didnt leave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It was lovely, couldn't have went better.

/me does some calculations.

8 for paper 1
    14 for paper 2

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

the unseen was real nice, i did 10 p1 14 p2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

the essay were gud think i was a bit too funny in mine though. gosh darnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

you are seem to write so much ... im doin hons did 6.5 for paper 1 and just over 10 for paper 2 . Essay was 2.5 pages long and was the one on a news article bout gosssip and story tellin .. was quite good tho , might get a B , the one is really messed up in was comparitive , i did 3.5 pages but it was on Q2 of the cultural context question and i did it all on family if any of u know the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, those were two nice papers, maths tomorrow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

what a class day

i wrote 25 pages ord level what a handy paper!!

and the buzz outside afterwards was rapid!! great craic. only 6 left. go on ye good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Was happy with me paper one. Think i could of done better in Macbeth and the comparitves but overall it was grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Feck i have seven left :mad:

Twas good crack going back to school today alright.....why I don't know? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I love you heany, hope you get my letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

paper one > 10pgs, 4pg essay paper 2> 12pgs. Was pretty happy, except for teh poetry, i was counting on yeats r hopkins, naturally they didnt come up, i scraped by on heaney though. Paper one was dead on, very broad essay titles, i did teh heroes one. Macbeth question was beautiful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

ummmmm, you spelt Heaney wrong Caesar :), hes not gonna like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think I did roughly 10 pages for each paper. Quality, not quantity though, right? :)

Paper I was ok, Question B wasn't the best, and I had to force an essay out.

Paper II could not have been better. The Macbeth was pretty much a standard character question, Cultural Context was completely open and Plath and Heaney came up, as expected.

Having to tell Heaney how much I love his poetry though... urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Since when does it matter how many pages ya do?

Quality not quantity eh ? 5 pages on plath :eek: /me smacks cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Yeah but heany with an 'e' is so 1999, get with the times heany.

I finished my letter to heaney off with ' xxx ' which can either be interpreted as kisses or an invitation for ghey sex. I'll let Mr Heaney decide on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well thought p1 was iffy but p2 rocked Plath came up:)
    i wrote 12pg for p1 and 13 for p2 and left an hour later in p1 and hour n forty min b4 finish on p2:)

dead tom:/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

sorry an hour late on paper one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    I finished my letter to heaney off with ' xxx ' which can either be interpreted as kisses or an invitation for ghey sex. I'll let Mr Heaney decide on that

lol, i was like - " Oh Seamus, you sooooo diserved that nobel prize, i thought the honesty fo your representation of the timid nature of blooming young love in 'Twice Shy' was bleedin' rapid!"

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I only knew 2 poets, Heaney and Plath and they both came up. Someone up there likes me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger
    I only knew 2 poets, Heaney and Plath and they both came up. Someone up there likes me :)

I only looked over eight poems in ordinary level, the rest i didn't even have a clue. There are 36 poems all together and 3 of the poems i did came up out of the 4 on the paper. I can't believe how lucky I am, I was afraid none might come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I wrote one side of the page only an entire book and half another page, someone do the maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i wrote 11 for p1, 12 for paper2, and i should warn that my writing is absolutly tiny.

I ONLY learned off a heaney essay, and thank god it came up, even if only in the form os astupid letter.

it was the last poet in the list, and i was DYING of fear when i'd read donw through the first threee and no heanye yet.

paper one was cool, paper 2 rocked. a good paper overall.

bring on Irish.

Good work and good luck to all: Game On.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

OMFG HOW EASY WERE THEY!?

ye quality not quantity lads.....8 1/2 p.I
    10 1/2 p.II
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kinda ****ed up my plath could only remeber 3 of her poems. the question said what poems would you read to an audience... i said my 3 and said i wouldnt read anymore cause theyre too depressing for angsty teens

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh.... I hope I have small writing 0_o .

Advertisement