Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave!!

Options
  • 04-06-2003 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

does anyone know when IBB will be planning to roll Ripwave out?

sounds pretty sweet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

What's Ripwave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

see here. it looks very promising!
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/IBB_offer_ripwave.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

they're enabling 3 rock base station this month some time, possibly already, i'm down to test it so i'll let you know how it goes, people will have to tell me how to test pings and sh!t though

hopefully i have been put down to test it out. i was told buy one of their guys that the pings are more like DSL ones tho... hopefully their strategic bandwidth takeage will improve things tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I'm moving to bray soon hope they roll it out on bray head as it sounds really good , will def subscribe if possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Originally posted by marclar
    hopefully i have been put down to test it out. i was told buy one of their guys that the pings are more like DSL ones tho... hopefully their strategic bandwidth takeage will improve things tho

Like proper ADSL pings?
    That should be around 10-15 to the ISP? :)

no, as DSL usually has interleaving tbh...

turn the interleaving completely off and packet loss jumps sharply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Is packet loss high on Wireless services? Packet loss really gets on my tits, I despise it. There has to be some type of balance between full interleaving and low pings.

AFAIK it isnt. i have a wireless link on IrishWAN, no packet loss whatsoever... remember that any packet loss is not necessarily the fault of the wireless, a ****ty hub/switch somewhere on the line could be teh culprit

Advertisement