Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaguar Computer Systems

• 04-06-2003 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/

Has anyone any experience of dealing with Jaguar?

Their prices look very attractive.

Has anyone.....

..ordered from them before?
    ..had issues with customer service?
    ..know about the quality of the build?

etc. etc. etc.

I am flying blind, I did a quick search on boards and found very little.

I have to buy 4 pc's for a new office (basic config for office apps), and they appear to be highly competitive.

Please if anyone has any info, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

by any chance did you check out the stickeys at the top of THIS page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Yeah I did and I noted that one poster put them down as a cheap supplier, and another posters friend got a system for €650......unfortunately not the type of info I was looking for.

I'm hoping to find someone that has direct experince of dealing with them / ordering from them / using their systems.

I suppose my concerns are quality based.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyone remember the company they were before they became Jaguar ? (Back in the days of 200MB Hard drives ! )

Bought the parts for my last two PC's there.

Bottom line is you can't expect top quality if you buy cheap. <-- Full Stop

It also depends on what you want to spend your money on.
    (eg: SCSI drives cost so much more than IDE.)

If it is a business then look at entry level Dells - you can afford to pay a premium for the web site & hand holding support calls & for someone to come out and fix it & of course the OEM software is included in the cost.

If you want to put something together yourself or want to customise the brands of components or already have legit copies of software or are using linux etc. or are fairly clued up on hardware - go for it... :)

PS. M$ office Retail is about €650 - if you could use www.openoffice.org instead you could get some nice machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

It is for a business, and I had a look at the entry level Dell (Dimension 2350) which worked out at €820 ex VAT (including 15" TFT)

....whereas with Jaguar a similar spec works out at €620 ex VAT (including 15" TFT).

I have software from a previous company (Fine for 4 licenses, i think), though open office is always an option.

hmmmmm...dunno what to do!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have only bought bits and pieces off them,but never a system, just went in ordered and got the parts no problem
    a friend of mine bought one there a few year ago, and its still working grand to this day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Lenny
    Thats a great sig. How ??? ;->

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ol, everyones asking me about it :)

Its the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mhh.. cause thats the ip I'm assigned while on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nice little scipt alright :)

Com'n more talk about Jaguar computers haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

We bought a number of pc's from them. Jaguar use fairly cheap components. 4 of the pc's are reliable, 2 are not. I would not give them a recommendation

Advertisement