Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths ordinary

Options
  • 04-06-2003 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

i dropped down from higher bout 2 weeks ago to concentrate on me Chemistry and History, and i'm just lookin for tips. all i had time to go over was the exam papers, so if you think anythin else is gonna come up share it wiv me!! don't be shy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well generally whats in the exam papers is what comes up :)

Know about tax credits incase theirs a tax section in question 1.

heres the breakdown of topics covered in each paper

Paper 1
    Q1 - Arithmetic/Simpsons rule
    Q2 - Algebra
    Q3 - Algebra
    Q4 - Complex No's
    Q5 - Sequences and series
    Q6 - Calculas (Differentiation)
    Q7 - Calculas (Differentiation)
    Q8 - Functions & Graphs

Paper 2
    Q1 - Area + Volume/Arithmetic/Simpsons rule
    Q2 - Line
    Q3 - Circle
    Q4 - Geometry/Theorems/Enlargement
    Q5 - Triginometry
    Q6 - Permutations,combinations,probability
    Q7 - Statistics
    Q's 8 to 11 are the optional Q's

You probly already knew this but you never know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of tax. I can't find my sheet and because they're new they're not in the book or Past Papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

sh1te....

i'm looking for an example of using Differentiation from first priciples..... not the y + delta y method but the f(x+h)-f(X) over h method. really appreciate it. feck this ordinary sh1te... not on my honours course before i dropped down so i havnt a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I am SOOO fúcked it's not even funny. Wasn't able to even stay awake when I was studying it last.

I passed in the mocks...Just hope this paper is EASSAY

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

You just got to know your formulae and make sure to attempt all all questions that you do. There's 30% of the marks for just attempting the question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement