Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource and Alcatel Speedtouch USB

Options
  • 04-06-2003 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

GOt my netsource service turned on yesterday, the modem i've ordered from uk has not arrived yet so i'm using a m8s Alacatel modem.

Tried to set it up but cannot connect.
    it is sendind data ok but not receiving.

VPI - 0
    VCI- 38
    Type- PPPoA
    Encapsulation- VCMUX

How do i change these settings as i think they are for UK?

Anyone?

Attreu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

RTFM for the modem and get the correct settings from the support section of www.netsource.ie.

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

have the settings i got from Netsource but i didnt get a manual with the modem.(only cost €30 so i didnt expect one)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

VPI - 8
    VCI - 35
    Type - PPPoE
    Encapsulation - LLC

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Attreu
    have the settings i got from Netsource but i didnt get a manual with the modem.(only cost €30 so i didnt expect one)

I'm using a Fujitsu FDX310 atm with Netsource which uses the same chipset at the Alcatel.It includes a configure otption which was added to the start menu during install which allows changing of settings etc.

carb.

yes m8 , have those setiings, thanks

but i need to change them on the modem,
    i think the modem might be locked to uk networks like phones can be locked to particular nets.

Just have to find out how to unlock this modem.

i'm downloading new drivers (at 2KB/sec :( )
    so that might help

• Advertisement

carbsy - dont have that option only things i have that have been added to start menu are:

Speedtouch dialup
    Speed touch USB diagnostics (PPP)

i can change everything except these settings.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The Alcatel drivers take their settings from a file called phonebook.ini
    You could try copying the installation files to your hd and manually edit the ini file for the VPI/VCI settings.
    I'm sure I've a copy of the drivers for Eircom's ADSL somewhere, if that doesn't work I could send on the ini to you from those if you need.

on windows XP, when i got to show all connections, shud the netsource connection be under broadband or dial up, cos i have a new one under each?

Probably dialup, looks like the drivers you have are installing it as a PPP device rather than a network adapter.

Grimes - yeah can you mail me the ini file - jhuet@jhuet.com

• Advertisement

What model is the modem? I've 2 sets of drivers, one is for the older USB modem (the green fish-type thing) and the newer model (330 I think) which can act as an ISDN modem aswell.

Its the green fish one m8,

Check your PMs.

Grimey - Thank you!

Worked a treat.

I tried changiung the phone book myself last night but it seems that the final strings counts and i did not know waht numbers to put in it.

I'm now connected.

No problem.

Advertisement