Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D Link DSL 504 firewall options

Options
  • 04-06-2003 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

hi

I'm trying to setup a kind of mini firewall on the router with netsource Dsl. I want to disable people from successfully pinging my router from anywhere on the internet (block ICMP packets). I've been messing with the firewall settings but so far I've had no luck. Anybody got anywere with the firewall on this Router model.
    I know I should reallly get a firewall, but I'm just not that bothered to spend more dosh :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I too would like to know for myself when i get it and a friend who has it right now.

By the way Ando, do you use XP? What about XP's built in firewall.. i also have norton system works i think it is.. anyway it has firewall software built into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I do have 'Tiny Firewall' setup on my Win2k machine's, but I'd prefare any firewall actions to be done on the router itself. Its just handier. Having the static IP is whats got me concerned :rolleyes:

Advertisement