Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playground woes

Options
  • 04-06-2003 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

where we live in D 15 the nearest play ground is in the pheniox park .

ok i know that i really terrible, i means that you cant even walk the kids to it.
    there is a play/activity centre but as the prices go up due to inflation and rising insurance costs it is really not worth it.

So upon hearing that the play ground in the people Gardens in the Pheniox park had been refurbished, we planned to get there Monday eveing as we reackoned it would not be too full.

tWhere we live in D 15 the nearest playground is in the phoenix park.

Ok I know that I really terrible, I mean that you cant even walk the kids to it.
    There is a play/activity centre but as the prices go up due to inflation and rising insurance costs it is really not worth it.

So upon hearing that the playground in the people Gardens in the Phoenix Park had been refurbished, we planned to get there Monday evening as we reckoned it would not be too full.

The playground was still busy, the surface was really nice bright colourful and bouncy. The whole playground was an enclosed space with plenty of seating for parent, the play areas split into two age groups, 2 to 6 and 6 to 12.

I really cannot fault it at all.
    There were park rangers parked near buy and a garda unit plus two garda on foot in the area for the 3 hours we where there.

So why is this thread called playground woes?
    There is a building at the peoples garden that has bee public toilet and as far back as I can remember they have been open well looked after and had attendants.
    So when our 5 year old declared he HAD to go to the toilet I happily trouped him up there. What I found appalled me. The toilets had been shut for quite some time
    Looking at the rubbish that had blows inside ether gates, and the smell was overpowering as there was evidence that they step leading up to them had been used when access to the toilets could not be got.
    It was horrendous why go to all that bother of sorting out the play ground and there not being basic toilets for the children to use. ????

Comments

Advertisement