Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sadest scene in a film ever?

• 04-06-2003 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

methinks the columbine security footage in B4C...and ok im gonna stop talking about that film now

or (cringe) the you had me at hello bit of jerry maguire...no i dont know why

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I went to see This is my Father in the cinema.
    I remember the sharp intakes of breath, the odd sob and of course herself digging her nails into my hand when Aidan Quinn hanged himself.
    Ordinarily I laugh at such girly crap, but I was actually a bit stunned myself. The poor gobshite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I Cried constantly throughout "When Brendan Met Trudy"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Tusky
    I Cried constantly throughout "When Brendan Met Trudy"

LOL, me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The death of Optimus Prime.

No but really, when Sean Connery gets killed in The Untouchables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

don't say it,
    but i think it is meet joe black:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Goose GOOSE!!

Was sad for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

theres only one film I've ever (and consistently) shed a tear at and that is LA Vita E Bella (LIfe Is Beautiful).. right at the end, I won't ruiin it for those who haven't seen it.
    Hmm god knows how many times I've mentioned it on this board now.. goes off to search to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Kali
    theres only one film I've ever (and consistently) shed a tear at and that is LA Vita E Bella (LIfe Is Beautiful).. right at the end, I won't ruiin it for those who haven't seen it.
    Hmm god knows how many times I've mentioned it on this board now.. goes off to search to find out.
    Agreed.

Also the two girl in a red dress scenes in Schindlers List.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Kali

i don't think that anyone that's seen the movie could dissagree on that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I cried through most of Batman And Robin....... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

terminator 2 where they kill arnie
    waaaahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

moulin rouge made me weep a lot, and now everytime I listen to the soundtrack i get a bit weepy.

this is a tad embarrassing but I cried at Monsters INC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

ET

nuff said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

platoon gets me dry throated.....the scene where the helicopter is taking off and yer man is running along to try to catch it, barbers adagio for strings playing in the backround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Precisely one hour, 12 minutes, and 37 seconds into "The Crying Game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Bambi - When Bambi's mom dies.
    The end sequence in Donnie Darko. 'Mad World' was so the perfect song to end the film on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Tomb Raider.
    When the final credits came and angelina hadn't got her bits out.

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    Tomb Raider.
    When the final credits came and angelina hadn't got her bits out.

tomb raider - having realised i watched the whole fuking thing i cried and swore id never do the likes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Armageddon maybe..I'm a bit too soft once u get past my macho exterior:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Bacchus
    Bambi - When Bambi's mom dies.
    The end sequence in Donnie Darko. 'Mad World' was so the perfect song to end the film on.

yep and yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Shawshank Redemption when Brooks has been released from prison and is writing a letter, *sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I second (or third) La Vita E Bella and Donnie Darko.
    Also the Colour Purple, when Sofia goes home to see her kids briefly.
    Gone WIth the WInd... that film has me crying at so many scenes. Especially when Rhett leaves.
    And Edward Scissorhands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

When the ugly duckling is made an outcast from the other ducks :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The Iron Giant.

The whole film. I sobbed like a four year old. I haven't cried in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

And who said men dont get in touch with their Female side.

"What Women Want."

the Bathroom scene,

OMFG that Hurt!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, when the fate of Jack Nicholson's character is revealed...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I've only cried at two films in my life, and I was only 10 or so when I did, so no laughing.

Shakespeares Romeo & Juliet (the one with Leonardo, yes) when they kill themselves at the end. Aswell as that I cried somewhere during Little Women, not entirely sure where but I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

TBH i cry at everything even some ads. But for me the sadest moment is.......

When Mulan comes home and tells her father that she has the sword of the mongol war lord and the crest of the emperor and puts her head down and wait for her father to give out to her and her father say this. "The greatest houner is having you for a daughter"

Im getting tears in my eyes just thinking about now.

God im a sap :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, when the fate of Jack Nicholson's character is revealed...:(

Yes!! I knew I forgot something. I only saw this recently for the first time and even though I knew what was gonna happen at the end (thank you The Simpsons) I was crying my eyes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Any of the scenes from Starship Troopers (I'm interpreting sad as pathetic here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

From Bullet in the Head when the main guy meets his mate who got said bullet lodged in his head and has to put him out of his misery.

Very sad

Originally posted by p.pete
    Any of the scenes from Starship Troopers (I'm interpreting sad as pathetic here).

WHAT??????
    I thought starship troopers was brilliant a good mix of sci-fi and a pisstake of americianism/patriotism

Nothing pathetic about that film at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The Lion King,when the young lads oul lad dies....very moving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Pay It Forward,
    Films just arent supposed to end like that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Dancer in the Dark : Selma Jezkova is hanged

Now this film you either love or hate there is rarely an in-betweenie anywho, the final few scenes had me in bits on the floor drowning in pools of my friends and my own tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by ella minnow pea

or (cringe) the you had me at hello bit of jerry maguire...no i dont know why

Any coolness you had built up in life, died when you posted that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The Elephant man, the end, when John merrick kills himself by lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

I remember watching Watership Down when i was a kid and when that rabbit snuffs it at the end by holding his breath boohoohoo :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭antwalsh

All about my mother by Pedro Almodóvar...can't remember any particular scene though that was especially sad. I just felt sad through most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Saving Private Ryan. Some people dont like it but it is sad because its reality. Didnt make me cry but the end gave me a good lump in my throat. Anybody who has visited the cememtarys in normandy will know what i mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I can't believe that nobody's mentioned The Champ with Ricky Schroeder (sp?).

I bawled me ickle eyes out , I can't remember the scene exactly but I think the champ was leaving and said he couldn't take the kid with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Originally posted by Cactus Col
    The Elephant man, the end, when John merrick kills himself by lying down.

Ohhhhh yes, that was so sad. I cried at that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

I'd have to go with the scene at the end of The Straight Story(I wont ruin it BUT you have no idea how it will end right up to the final scene)

The scene when the dad breaks the picket line in Billy Elliot and is confronted by his son is really sad too.

ET always gets me aswell, I went to see the rerelease by myself and got some very strange looks from all these kids around me as I treid to hide my tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

the green mile :( made me shed a tear at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

That bit with Rachel playing the piano in Blade Runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by bringitdown
    Dancer in the Dark : Selma Jezkova is hanged

Now this film you either love or hate there is rarely an in-betweenie anywho, the final few scenes had me in bits on the floor drowning in pools of my friends and my own tears.

Yep, that gets my vote to. It's a shocking and sad ending to a top film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Greedo shooting first :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

o the end of Boys Dont Cry as well....kinda disturbing but still... damn this is ruining alot films for people who aint seen em :rolleyes: oppsies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Originally posted by Theboinkmaster
    Greedo shooting first :(

Also anything to do with Ewoks or Jar-Jar Binks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Mufasa's death in the lion king was heartbreaking.. especially when your 5 or 6 or so

• Advertisement
Advertisement