Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at you, Hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone...

Options
  • 05-06-2003 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

THE POLITO FORM IS DEAD, INSECT! ARE YOU AFRAID?! WHAT IS THIS THAT YOU FEAR, THE END OF YOUR TRIVIAL EXISTANCE?!? I'M............
    S H O D A N !!!

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/sshock/sshock_rebirth.htm

download the new high polygon models for System Shock 2 and prepare to be scared all over again :)

oh yeah, whoever has my copy of the game, please return it.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd love to get my hands on this game, anyone know where I might find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anyone know where I might find it?

my last post about abandonware went unharassed, so i'm guessing the mods don't mind it...

[Not when it's *actually* abandonware....]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

thats system shock. system shock 2 hasn't made the abandonware list yet.

[edit]
    /me actually clicks on the link

its actually system shock 2 with the movies ripped :( thats not good

official word from Irrational: "No, System Shock 2 is not abandonware, please don't warez it"

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Is anyone up for a game of co-op online sometime with this? That would be pretty interesting to play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Here's a hint - if you can walk into GAME and buy a copy of it, IT ISN'T ABANDONWARE!

Abandonware is a fantastic idea, but so many of the sites are totally over-zealous - they have games up there just because they're a few years old, despite the fact that the games are still being produced and sold commercially. Bloody idiots who run those sites are their own worst enemies, nobody would CARE if they only did abandonware of genuinely abandoned games, but as it stands they get shut down all the time because they're too thick to work out that if it's commercially available, it's not abandonware, it's piracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

System Shock 2 was made by a now defunct company though, surely that gives it some degree of abandonware status?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But the game has been licenced for distribution by budget publishers ie Sold Out, EA Classics etc.

Also, the game doens't run on Win2k, seem to need 9x from what I recall :(

Tempted to create a 98se partition again just to play through it....

Are there actually high-res models available somewhere?

What about the hi-res models from Blue Shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I (think) that I have a copy of it at home that's just gathering dust. It came with some EA PC compilation and seeing as my PC is only good for browsing the internet these days, if I can find it, it's yours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My friend lost his copy after he finished it and could give it to me. He's kinda annoyed because he has all the looking glass games except the 2 system shocks that he lost. I really wanted to play this game and system shock 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Heh... I've got a copy lying round here somewhere... BEST PRESENT EVER... except I haven't had the chance to play it yet... sooo much else to do. :(

• Advertisement

oops, sorry about that... lesson learned:rolleyes:

i hadn't seen it on any budget re releases for ages, so i thought that link was kosher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

To be fair, I haven't seen it around in shops for a LONG time... and its the sort of thing I keep my eye out for. Maybe it's still on sale in America or the continent, but i don't think it's available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I've scoured the budget shelves of my local shops, and it's not to be found.

super_furry: if it does turn up, and you're willing to part with it, I'm sure we an arrange something. :)

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Are there actually high-res models available somewhere?
    that was the point of this thread...

there's a beta out now.

there are some sweet screenshots of it here

i needs to buy myself a copy of the game too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Sloth
    System Shock 2 was made by a now defunct company though, surely that gives it some degree of abandonware status?

You would think so but no. There is even a company (I forget the name) that you can pay and they will be anal about removing your game from sites long after your company name isn't even known anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

still, Irrational Games (who also helped make the game) is still in business and last time i check the giant publisher EA Games is still there :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    My friend lost his copy after he finished it and could give it to me. He's kinda annoyed because he has all the looking glass games except the 2 system shocks that he lost. I really wanted to play this game and system shock 1.

afaik SS1 is on the underdogs.

Not too sure if it's actually abandonware or not, but I can't find it in the shops so I downloaded it when i found it again. Bloody good game, very detailed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alright! Which sap bought SS1 from Game Exchange before I got a chance to buy it. Next time your friends or family tell you to wait and buy something later don't listen to them. This has happened to me with Axelay before.

Advertisement