Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged processor?

• 05-06-2003 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering can anyone tell by looking at the top of this processor whether it is damaged or not?

thanks

data

processor.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Can't seem to see anything wrong from that angle!Is it kinda warped or something ,maybe its just the way im looking at it??
    What are the pins underneath like?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If that is thermal compound/grease/pad residue, could you carefully clean it off with WD40 and then take another pic?

Doesn't look too bad, P3s generally hang the machine anyways before they burn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh i've put the processor back under the heat sink but i should be able to remove it at some stage and get a bit of WD40, what do i wipe it with anything in particular? it could take me a while to get another picture up, the computer i'm running has no usb i'm afraid :).

In response to the other questions i think the pins are fine it seats nicely in the socket and then kinda tightens up when the lever is pressed down, and i don't think it is warped probably just the angle i took it at.

i was wondering is there some kinda of scraping that can kinda be seen on the top or is this perhaps some grease that has been removed?

syspak by hang the machine do you mean? not letting the power supply and hsf not power up properly when the computer is turned on as this is what is happening?

Advertisement