Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar ... The Village ... Weds June 25th

Options
  • 05-06-2003 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

hello all,

polar play the village of wexford st. on wednesday the 25th of june. it'll be our final gig of the summer as we're heading off to the back of beyond to write a load of new songs, do a wee bit of rehearsing and hopefully a bit of recording too

special guests on the night are:

cabrini green, who you might have heard on ph the fortnight or so before they were off the air with their song 'driftin'

&

the excellent, tadhg cooke, who released his debut ep
    "the sparks ep" earlier this year to much acclaim and radio play

doors shall be at 8pm and it'll be €9 in or €7 with the flyer you can download just below

should be an excellent night so hope one and all can make it along to see us off

in other news our song 'south' is going to be featured on the forthcoming gigsmart compilation due to be released at the beginning of july...for more info www.gigsmartireland.com

www.polarofficial.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

pretty cool, Mewzel has already told me i'm going to this.... so i'll gess i'll be seeing you there.

nice one tyrrial

out of interest anyone know a decent place to put mp3's up on the web and how to do it:D ?

Dave (from wallmark) was doing that last time i was talking to him, don't know if it worked out for him... the website still has streemed live stuff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Looking forward to seeing you guys once again....been way to long havent seen ya since TBMC ages ago! New Tunes abound??tadhg cooke is great too , we played with himself and Fairuza a while back and he was a positive experience on all in attendance I have to say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

oooh, thats a dilly of a pickle...

if im in the country on the 25th, and not under police custody, should i go that music quiz thingy cos i missed the last one due to bizarre unforseen circumstances, or go to see you cos of the many opportunities for heckling...?

hmm, well hopefully i'll either catch yous at the village or that iris yokey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

the village looks way out of my league...
    all shiny new and very clean
    the sort of place where you're worried that your
    guitar isn't middle class enough
    I'm looking forward to it though. should be a cracker.

by the way... in reference to the mp3s...
    what exactly do you mean polarbelly?
    would you not just throw them onto your website???
    or are you talking about a general music mp3 website?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

This

Is

Going

To

Be

F*cking

Brilliant

Originally posted by tiggertigger
    by the way... in reference to the mp3s...
    what exactly do you mean polarbelly?
    would you not just throw them onto your website???
    or are you talking about a general music mp3 website?

basically i wanna stick mp3s up on our site but our website guy is doing his leaving so i think it'd be a tad bit insensitive of me to ask him for help at theis mo:D
    and i dont no one end of this puter from the next so if anyone knew how to get mp3s up somewhere for me for the moment it'd be great

and nice one richie, should be pretty sweet alright:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭midnorthfourzer

..can do...check ur PM :)

-keith

• Advertisement

http://www.cabrinigreenmusic.com/
    you can download some of their stuff there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

I didn't see you guys last night at the Barn but my spy in attendance said you Rawked.

He also said you should stop apologising and let the love flow or something!?

I feel guilty cos I went to see the Tyco Brahe and they were S**T,no stage presence,no dynamics a bit boring really.

Right so I will be at the willage defo.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rueyn

polarbelly -- You need to get a hold of a program called "CuteFTP" -- it'll help you out on the uploading, and it's really easy to use after you put in some minimal information.

The link: http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftp/

If you don't feel like doing the work, you could try http://www.mp3.com/
    (click on "Artist Area")

Or depending upon how big the files are, I might be able to host them for you via my website, and you can just put the links up on yours.

Just a suggestion, but if your webguy is leaving, now might be the time to get the passwords and general hosting info from him.

:)

-rueyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

first time ive been on the net or msg boards in ages!i heard bout this gig. mick,you drunken jiver, i shall see you there.

hope you going to let us store our drink back stage, cos there is no wasy im paying pub prices!

not sure if i'm down with your drunken jivin and anarchy jazz gar:D hehe... i guess i can store your drink for ya... just gimme a shotu in the middle of a song and i'll head back and get ya a beer;)

b to the ump

yeah man, you can stop during butterfly's for me...because im worth it.

sure you're only the lead guitarist......

ouch

that was pretty nasty....just like micks lovin

still tryin to get work off for it

i can do gentle too, honest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

ah well,
    as with the music quiz, looks like i wont be able to go.
    but i'll be there in some sort of crazy drugged-up spirit, so play an odd Justin Timberlake cover for me ;)

if you aint at the phantom quiz (where i'd defo be if not otherwise engaged) come along

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Since me and m'boys whopped ass at the last Ph quiz i'm getting my freak on up in the v-izz-illage tomorrow night alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

just back from the gig! gotta say you's were great as were both supports however i found the audiece (no offence to anyone there) a bit dead maybe its jus cos i ant used to venues were u can actually sit, it takes away from the atmosphere of being cramed up the front of stage lol! but seriously ive heard aot about you's and was not disapointed! yea for you, well done! :p

fantastic gig!, pitty it's your last for a while. but i'll be there for your next one.. don't fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

absolutely fantastic gig! best i've been to in a long time.
    but one thing really annoys me- i've been trying to get your cd for quite some time now with no luck, so grr to you all for that.
    but seriously, absolutely brilliant, shame yous arent playing again soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Ay Ay fantastic stuff from both bands and Tadhg.

Good men. And true. Very true.

Enjoyed it muchos.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

It was a good night alright.

Thanks to Polar for the guestie and i reckon I owe you guys a beer or three!!

I was a bit hammered and god am I suffering for it today!

Happy days:cool:

just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who showed on weds, we'd a great night...

off to galway now for the summer so we'll be back with a big geansai load of new tunes for you soon enough

thanks again

mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭renagade*

Great gig gret tunes but what I really want to know is this, Is there always sooooooo many hot women at your gigs. It really was incredible even Bellefire where there and to be honest the least you could have done for us sad loser types was introduce us to the red haired one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

I'm not normally superstitious
    but DON'T talk about the "hot women"
    or they'll disappear...

Twas a classy gig overall.
    I really enjoyed it.
    What a send off for 'de lads'.

• Advertisement

the red haired one with the leather trousers?

cool gig lads.nice eye entertainment too

Advertisement