Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Agent Work

• 05-06-2003 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is looking for a change in her job , she has stated in the past that she would like to work as a travel consultant in an travel agency.

Of course the usual problem arises here, experience and as well as that ,Galileo .

It's horses*** when the insist on experience for everything but what can you do ??

Anyway , if she could get familar with the software that they use , Galileo it would I'm sure make her much more attractive to potential eployers , does anyone know is there training or courses which can be completed in this subject ?

Or any other suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

MichealStein Travel do a training course that includes Galileo - see here:

http://www.steintravel.ie/ftac.htm

I happen to work in a travelagent (just not AS a travelagent) and we do inhouse training for all new employees (but we use Amadeus - which most Irish travelagents haven't a clue about).

Our general employment critera are more centered around experience in a sales role and experience of travel (as in- has she travelled, rather than the industry itself).

PM me if you want, and I'll give you an email address she can send a CV to - or more info if I can. We're currently hiring.

Can't promise anything though, 'cos I'm not in HR either!

Advertisement