Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Games

Options
  • 05-06-2003 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Are there any good ones?

got Bounty Hunter and Clone Wars yesterday and they are both going back today.

anybody know if any of the other ones are good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Jedi Knight II was alright. Didn't like the early levels much but it's more fun once you get the light saber.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rogue Leader on the Gamecube is brilliant, and it's sequel is shaping up to be pretty special too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well Galaxies will hopefully be pretty damned special when it comes out. Other than that X-Wing Alliance is probably my favourite of all the Star Wars games I've played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Didn't get to play X-Wing, but Tie Fighter is an absolute classic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tie fighter can be picked up on budget. It's awesome but a bit old. Also you can get the snes star wars games on an emulator. Very good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jedi knight and Jedi knight 2 are good. You spend a fair bit of time in both mucking about with non-lightsaber shooty bits, but still good fun. Level design is nice. Really, really big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

X-Wing Alliance still looks as great as it did when it was released 5 years ago. You could also get the upgraded versions of X-Wing and TIE fighter too, upgraded graphics but the sound and all is still the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jedi Knight 2 is muck, Jedi Knight is great but the best star wars FPS is definitely Dark Forces. Its quiter old but still brilliant and has a game engine that was way ahead of it's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Jedi Knight 2 is muck, Jedi Knight is great but the best star wars FPS is definitely Dark Forces. Its quiter old but still brilliant and has a game engine that was way ahead of it's time.
    lol, RetrOgamer slagging off jkII, how unpredictable...

i personally love jedi knight 2, prolly my favourite of the quake 3 engine games.

knights of the old republic is looking pretty tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Clone Wars and Bounty Hunter are awful.

The problem nowadays is Lucas Arts isn't as good as it was and crap developers with money buy the liscence to flog their crap.

The NES and SNES Star Wars games were ace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Checkout this link it is going to be amazing!
    Checkout the screenies first and then imagine 64 player servers running this :)
    Im wetting myself in anticipation.

http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    Clone Wars and Bounty Hunter are awful.

haven't played clone wars or bounty so can't comment on them. but i thougth jedi knight 2 was deadly!! I love that game! The first few levels r all right, but deadly when u get the lightsaber!
    The NES and SNES Star Wars games were ace.

Those games ownd! I was playing them there again awhile back on a the znes, classic game!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Dcully
    Checkout this link it is going to be amazing!
    Checkout the screenies first and then imagine 64 player servers running this :)
    Im wetting myself in anticipation.
    http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/

just checked out the srceenies and as dcully says they r seriously sweet lookin!! I think i might have to get myself a copy of bf1942 just to play that mod!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

PC Star Wars Games

Good / Great Star Wars games:

Dark Forces
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith
    Jedi Knight 2
    X-Wing
    Tie Fighter
    X-Wing Vs Tiefighter (multiplayer)
    X-Wing Alliance

Bad / Ok Star Wars games:

The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
    Rebel Assault 1&2
    Star Wars Battle for Naboo
    Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (didn't play much...but wasn't really impressed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

haved played the X-Wing & Tie Fighter and as everyone has said they are great will try out Jedi Night.

Thanks all :)

I thought Pod Racer was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Pod racer was good with a force feedbackup joystick.

Retro, you should be checking out those "cheaper" options. We have to book tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I allways liked Rouge Leader on the GC :)

*drool*
    SW.jpg

Still haven't bought rogue leader. I'm sure I can make prae buy it.

Taking the star wars license from JK2 is like taking the make-up off jennifer anniston.

Still haven't bought rogue leader. I'm sure I can make prae buy it.

Taking the star wars license from JK2 is like taking the make-up off jennifer anniston.

scuse me Jennifer Aniston pwns joo

• Advertisement

Me in a red leather thong is sexier than Jennifer anniston without her make up. Give me natalie portman any day.

Me in a red leather thong is sexier than Jennifer anniston without her make up. Give me natalie portman any day.

well i agree with you about Natalie... but jennifer is still hot :) not a patch on miss portman though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'd vouch for rogue leader aswell, I'm not the greatest SW fan but everything in there seems done exactly the same way it was in the films (sound effects etc). It's rock hard though, still haven't got anywhere near getting all gold medals and still need to unlock 1 of the extra levels. Haven't played it in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

The original X-Wing was, for me, the Best.
    The Rouge Squadron games were good.
    Shawdow's of the Empire was so so.
    The only good bit in the Clone Wars is that Arena Muliplayer endurance game
    Dark forces was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I remember back in the day lucasarts made nothing BUT classic games, but since the mid/late 90's theyve sullied their good name with an awful lot of garbage SW licences.
    Every SW game on anything except the N64 or PC was godawful.
    Although, now i think of it shadows of the empire on N64 was desperate, apart from the first and last levels.
    The best Sw game ever has to be Rouge squadron 2: Rogue leader on GC and rouge leader 3 (or whatever its called) looks badass, same goes for SW:KOTOR.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Galactic Battlegrounds

Fantastic

Great head to head

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

All the arcade SW games I've played were cool. There was an old late 80s/early 90s one that ruled, I think you played as the empire in it(it's been ages since I played it though). The more recent arade one with the joystick was cool, the lightsabre battles ruled. I also played an arcade version of episode 1 racer which was really good, there were 2 sticks, one for each engine.
    Racer was good for the N64 too, so was Rouge Squadron. Although most people think it's ****e, I really like SOTE, because of the variety in the levels. I don't normaly like 3D adventure type games at all, but I forgave this game because it's SW.
    I've not played much of the X-Wing games, I have them but my joystick is borked. They seem good though. Jedi Knight was really good, especialy the bosses in it.

Advertisement