Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Hope y'all got on alrite, just glad I'm not in your boots right now!
    Best of luck with paper 2 to all and sundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ok someone said that the answer for the part see was p>-5 and p<5 but I dont think so.

the roots are; a,a+2p
    If you work it out, a equals (-p-5)

So the roots are: -p-5 and (-p-5+2p)
    =(p-5)

But one of the roots is bigger then zero and one is smaller then zero. Since p>0 the (-p-5) must be less the zero so;

-p-5<0
    so -p<5
    p>-5

Therefore the other root must be greater then zero so:
    p-5>
    p>5

Thats mean p>-5 and p>5?

I got the first part of the question so I thought I was right, can anyone correct me?
    I thought a mighten equal -p-5 but it kept coming out like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I couldn't do that part but thankfully i think it was one of the only parts that i didn't get..oh yeh as well as Q6 part c. I thought it was a pretty sweet paper. I must admit that i panicked afterwards and focused on the stuff i didnt get but when i looked over it later i realised i did ok. Hopefully paper 2 will go as well. I really need this A1...REALLY!!! (I failed paper one honours irish...i'm almost certain:( )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Anyone know where I can download the Maths paper (paper 1 obviously, if you know where to get paper two I'd keep it to yoursellf...) grinds people asking me questions about it.

Thanks

Advertisement