Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner advertising

Options
  • 05-06-2003 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering about the above

What is the standard in charging people to advertise on your website?

Would it be a flat monthly charge or based on number of click throughs/ rotations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Most sites have their own system. Generally speaking the majority use per-per-impression.

Try and bargain with the site you would like yer banner on - you will get a better deal in the end, most irish sites are willing to compromise.

Just stay clear of those who don't offer you any statistics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

fair enough but I am more interested in pricing banner advertisment on my site - i.e what I should be looking for allowing people to advertise on my site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

ah - that wasn't obviuos from the initial post.

Well again whatever suits you best.

I know projects I have worked on aimed at selling a top banner ads for €1,500 per month, smaller banner ad's on the sides €1,000. Most clients ended up getting the large banner ads for €1k per month and the smaller ones for €750. Thes site im talking about had and still have a low visitor rate.

Combined with this though - they also had a tracking system which tracked clicks and impressions. This will be a good idea for your own information and for the clients who request this information.

Charging a monthly fee is probably easier to track - that way you dont have to wait for it to reach a certain amount of impressions before you get paid!

Advertisement