Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first DW book you ever read?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ah, my first book was Guards guards....and what a wonderful trip it began :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

I first read The Hogfather a couple of years ago and loved it. Now I've started from one onwards - I have read as far as mort. What's next - wyrd sisters or sumfink??? When I get time that will be bought. Never had such a laugh reading before good ould Terry. Anyone ever read Good omens by Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - that was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Good Omens was my very first Pratchett book, and the very first book I read that actually made my laugh out loud. Ah, the memories...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I hate rincewind. just kill him ffs.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by smiles
    I hate rincewind. just kill him ffs.

<< Fio >>

Lets not say stuff we can't take back.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Leave Rincewind alone he's a bit of a B*TCH but hes cool.
    Good for a few laughs.
    I gotta say the kangaroo in the last continent very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Colour of Magic and havent looked back since

i kinda like Rincewind , but hes no Commander Vimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Funky
    i kinda like Rincewind , but hes no Commander Vimes
    They're both brilliant but there is no comparrison between the two. They are complete opposites (except that they both get the job done).

Is there any books where they both feature heavily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

Originally posted by p.pete
    They're both brilliant but there is no comparrison between the two. They are complete opposites (except that they both get the job done).

Is there any books where they both feature heavily?

fraid there aint as far as i know

my first was men at arms and it still holds a place in my heart

Be a MAN in the city watch!

The city watch needs MEN!

Class act, especially when Detritus becomes super-intelligent...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

what was it, he got trapped inside a freezer or somewhere very cold 4 a while?

gawd i gotta reread all of those books...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he got trapped in a meat storage warehouse,.. he was patrolling with some dwarf (can't for the lifve of me remember his name) and he has to throw him out of the roof (the dwarf lands in a rat-on-a-stick cart) to go for help..

he writes a load of mathematical equations on the wall, and as it goes on it gets simpler and simpler.. until at the very end there's just an "=" sign.. but he is rescued at that point and we never know what it ='s :)

Cuddy be his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

following this he is made a clockwork fan assisted cooling hat.

ROFL!!!

It was the pork futures warehouse, built to store meat stocks that didn't exist yet, yet were being traded in. Gotta love those literal minded Ankh-Morporkians...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭therannu

Picked Wyrd Sisters up in my sister's room years ago. Thought I would die laughing. Unfortunately I didn't, and had to go ahead and sit the Leaving Cert. It helped a lot when we started Macbeth. That was also many moons ago now. People's constant references to their Mammies on this board does make one feel old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I would have thought simply *being* old would make you feel old :D

and are you sure it was pork futures?.. i've heard about the er.. temporal wine stuff, and pasta too I think.. but i didn't know there was meat too

Ya it was the pork futures alright, I read that book again recently.

Im going through all the wizard books again at the moment.
    I gotta say I think Eric was an excellent book.The demons are hilarious , quezovercoatl was brilliant.It's just a pity it was so short.:D :D:D

Mass human sacrifice to the god of mass human sacrifice! When they were handing out deities, that tribe was out taking a wee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

The first DiscWorld book I read was Reaper Man I got it off a friend nearly died laughing! Same with Soul Music + Wyrd Sisters got those in school. I'm now reading Feet of Clay it's quite promising. Any Super Conor posts on this board? He's quite the DiscWorld fan himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

The first discworld book!! hmmm thats going back!! would probably have been interesting times.

I have to say that even today it makes me laugh quite possibly the best DW book ever written

after interesting times followed the color of magic and the light fantastic - great books

Advertisement