Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporters Pack Goes LIVE!!!

Options
  • 05-06-2003 2:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, drum roll please for the Supporters Pack!

Whats do I get
    1. A full email account (your-nick @ boards.ie) which you can access via pop3 or web.

2. A super sexy Journal where you can write anything you like. check out
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php

3. Photo management (ala http://www.boards.ie/photopost with 5 megs of storage space).

4. Access to the super secret and special supporters board. Also access to our subscriber only forums (like the Sex & Sexuality forum for example).

5. The ability to upload an avatar (and have one that is unique!)

6. Alter your tagline (the text under your name).

7. An extra black and red star and the warm fuzzy feeling that you are supporting our coke habit.

What do I pay?
    50 Euro a year.
    13 euro a quarter
    or
    5 euro a month.
    You choose!

Where do I sign my life away?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscriptions.php?

Thanks for your support... its greatly appreciated.

The Admins.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Any chance of changing the signup page to ssl ?
    I don't feel overly comfortable sending my bank a/c number in plaintext :(

BTW congrats to all the admins and mods who implemented and tested the new features. Looking forward to signing up.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No one can use your bank AC number for anything dodgy, except to give you money.

Other than that, I highly recommend this product and/or service. It has improved my life tenfold *

* may not be true, but it's still very good

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yay...cash is winging its way in order to line your pockets :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Dev, this is an inspired way to find out those who willing give away cash so that you can grab them at the next boards beer when you have no money left and you ened someone with a soft touch that you can twist drink out of.

providing trojan isnt around that is....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DaveJ: You'll note we publicise our bank account details on the page. Its safe for everyone to know your account details (though obviously we wont be telling anyone :) ... its for matching purposes only).

WWMan: Yes, you've discovered my evil plan. God I'm Evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Here Dev wheres my extra Star then !!!
    7. An extra black and red star and the warm fuzzy feeling that you are supporting our coke habit.

Pay up or more piccies of you come out :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm in America at the moment am I able to do a bank transfer from my American a/c?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gandalf, you had 4 stars already... you just get them turned black (with tastful red trim!).

Do you're worst with the pics! I have some too you know ;p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

He already had 4. There was an extra one promised. 4 + 1 = ummmmm

I knew I should have gone to college and done applied maths, dammit.

I love the supporters pack dearly and use many of it's excellent features daily. The tagline allows me to freely express something inate about my identity and makes me feel somewhat even more superior to the average boards pleb.

The Journal has given me a new outlet to explore my vast talents as a writer and the very fact that after nearly 4 years on boards my avatar is now facing the right way fills me daily with utter joy.

I have my own boards e-mail address to add to my collection of e-mail address with which I can use to sign up to dodgy websites with without fear of my actual address being spammed.

But the best thing about the supporters pack is that it helps boards become a secure, financially independent entity. And if my few quid can help keep this wonderful community alive, then by god it's money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

How long before we can sign up with our credit cards ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

nice work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll second MindPhucks comments :)

Now I just need to go figure out where all the cool supporters pack features can be accessed.

ooops...

If you are a supporter you can go here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscriber.php

and that brings you to your SubCP.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Can people not just send you hard currency via post?

At their own risk, yes.
    Might be a good idea to register the letter.

DeV.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

How long after payment are the accounts activated?

doh. My bad.

404 brain not found.

Tis done now.

DeV.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by DeVore
    doh. My bad.

404 brain not found.

Tis done now.

DeV.

Thanks, I just got the email.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

How long after payment are the accounts activated?
    Snap.

Licksy, as we see cash arrive we activate the accounts, how did you send the cash?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

AIB 24 hour on friday
    gnodge.jpg

No worries, it might take a few days to clear...

yeah sometimes it does. Regi checks every morning. I'll double check when he's back from lunch :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

did yiz get my money??

only this morning we got your cash. It takes several days to transfer. Regi is doing the signups now and you should be getting a mail about it all.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by dj_ste
    How long before we can sign up with our credit cards ?
    What he said.
    Any news on the credit card payment method.

No unfortunately CC companies have a *thing* about companies that dont have accounts, employ noone and have no office location ...

We're working on it but its going to take a while. :(

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

how many people have signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i concur with gandalf.

Wheres my extra star? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hi Guys ,
    Any sign of me extra stars then ???

I've given all my beer money away !!!:f33r: