Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3510i or 7210?

• 05-06-2003 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

This may sound stupid buy it makes sense.
    Ok i wanted to upgrade my phone so i decidede on buying the 3510i for 200 euro off Vodafone. I wouldn't be getting a new simcard so all i would get is the phone and some cred cuz its an upgrade (im ready to go).
    Then i got the idea of buying off of epensys.com and found out that i could get get a simless 7210 for around 250 euro but with no cred obviously or anything. I already have a sim. The 7210 seems like a much better phone, and you can't even get it here on RTG (on contract it is 360 euro with 02)
    Is this a good idea?
    if its faulty, can i send it back?
    what would you do?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

add the sony ericcson t68i into the equation.
    so 3510i, 7210 or t68i ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

3510i is a horrible phone in my opinion without any great new features. Its just a colour version of the 3510 which has only slightly more features than a 3310. Go for the T68i or even the 7210

yeah, im starting to see that now. I was very keen on getting the 3510i, and was about to go out and buy it but after doing a bit of research i started to see how much better the 7210 is. (and for only 50-60 euro more). Is there good support for the 7210 (as in, games, pictures, ringtones?) and generally is it a good phone.
    any other words of advice anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

definitely the 3510i isn't the way to go if you are looking for a more advanced handset - it's aimed more at those want an entry model with a colour screen or want to upgrade from their 3310/3330

only additional point is if you wanted a less wacky design the 6610 offers the same features/functionality as the 7210 but with a more toned down / conservative form factor

sound likely the 6610/7210 would suit you fine – if you go into one of the stores you should be able to hold the demo models to check out the form factor differences between the models

pity neither has a built in e-mail client - but an add on app like the ReqWireless EmailViewer lists them as supported handsets for it's Java based email client

i still like the T68i due to it's size / built in email client / Bluetooth / attachments (mp3/camera/radio) – but it has been superseded by the T610 - although the initial SIM-free UK T610 price is high at the moment as the resellers are currently maxing their profit margins on it due to it's "newness"

hth,
    BrianG

i can't t really get any other model as the 7210 is on a special offer. It sounds like the phone for me. I like the design so that shouldn't be a problem. I dont really have a use for email or a camera so ill prob stick with the 7210. Thanks for the help.

has anybody here used expansys.com? If so, does ireland fit into the UK shipping charges (i know its not part of England but i thought it might qualify) or do i have to pay for "rest of europe"?
    i'm guessing that it is a reliable website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it used to (got away with it twice when they called it the British Isles) - but then they copped on and changed it over a year ago!

so now we are part of the European Union via Fedex Intl Priority shipping option on the checkout

bear in mind you need to fax them a signed copy of the authorisation email then send you, a copy of your credit card and some form or photo id when you make your initial purchase, or make subsequent purchases to be delivered to an address different to your billing address

so order early in the morning so you can get all the paperwork to them too before their afternoon shipping cut-off (around 3pm i think)

hth,
    BrianG

Advertisement