Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing

Options
  • 05-06-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone thinking of importing this fine game should pick up the latest copy of Cube magazine. It has a free version of action replay "lite", which acts as a Freeloader disc for this specific game and allows you to play the imported version.

It also unlocks games such as Zelda and Mario Bros, which are only usually unlockable using an e-Reader.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Really? Has this been tested "independently" by any games sites?

I'd say AC is one of the very few reasons anyone would bother to get the Freeloader (now that Metroid Prime is out over here).

Sounds a bit too good to be true - I mean, why would Freeloader's parent company give out for half nothing the only reason for getting one in the first place!

*collapses gibbering in a heap in the corner*

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well I have Animal Crossing at home, so as soon as I get a chance I'll try it out, but from the blurb in the mag itself, it certainly seems to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think he meant you can only use the cover disc specifically for Animal Crossing only....

Or am I being thick:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just tried it out there and it works perfectly - loads up Animal Crossing no problem and also allowed me to get the Ice Climbers, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda NES games, which I wouldn't have been able to get without an e-Reader. I'm resisting the other cheats.

So anyway, if you're going to import Animal Crossing, don't buy a Freeloader disc, just get this months issue of Cube (terrible magazine by the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭phil15

do any of you need an e-reader?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

phil15 wrote:
    do any of you need an e-reader?
    This is a 2 year old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't think the e-Reader is compatible with the European version of Animal Crossing anyway.

*most boring game I've ever put into my GC btw*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭phil15

This is a 2 year old thread.
    If its a 2 year old thread how come your on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

My what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

oldposts.jpg

• Advertisement

phil15 wrote:
    If its a 2 year old thread how come your on here?

Checkmate....

Advertisement