Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jer interview in DVD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Cheers Ciaran.

Interesting reading to say the least. I still think it could be a good while though, although its promising to hear that he is talking specifically what might be included like outakes etc. that only a very few peeps have ever seen. Cooool :D

DVDX: Now that you've signed your second major syndication deal for Seinfeld, the series, what's happening with the series coming to DVD? That has to be the most requested, or one of the most requested series for DVD.

Seinfeld: Yeah, I know. Wherever I perform, sometimes at the end of the show I take questions from the audience, and that always comes up. Always. They all want the DVD. I don't know why. It's on every day. But people like to own things, I guess.

I've heard some talk of it. It's really one of those things that, I'm not participating in that decision.

DVDX: Oh really?

Seinfeld: No. It's a distribution decision. But I'm hearing that it's in the air. They're definitely considering it.

DVDX: Castle Rock and Columbia TriStar?

Seinfeld: Yeah. Well, Sony owns the whole thing now.

DVDX: Is there anything you know that might be delaying it at all like rights or talent fees or anything?

Seinfeld: No, well actually, one of the things is trying to find outtakes and gag reels and stuff that we wanted to include. That has been a problem. Nobody seems to really know where that is. It's so funny. Things you never would think of when you're making a show, when you cut a scene, that you're gonna want that 10 years later. You know, it never would cross your mind. We had no such notions back then.

DVDX: Are you participating creatively or as a consultant in what the series might look like on DVD?

Seinfeld: Yes.

DVDX: Can you give us any ideas of some of the things you're kicking around for extras?

Seinfeld: Um, interviews with who, by who. You know, cast members and writers, and who we would want the commentary from. And, the other things I mentioned. What kinds of outtakes do we have? What should we use?

You know, in all the years of the show, NBC had wanted to play some of our outtakes. We had some pretty funny outtakes. And we always kind of made it a policy not to do that because we didn't like that thing when actors kind of crack up and… We kind of wanted to maintain the reality of the show. But we're dicussing that.

And, the other thing we have that's very funny are these gag reels that we made at the end of the season each year. There's a lot of funny stuff on those.

Advertisement