Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paintball - Crossfire -

• 05-06-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

This post has been deleted.

SHOULD BOARDS.IE PAINTBALL MERGE WITH PAINTBALL - CROSSFIRE - ?? 14 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    28% 4 votes
    YES AND GOTO SKIRMISH
    7% 1 vote
    YES AND GOTO CROSSFIRE
    64% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Closer than Skirmish, better set up, works out cheaper on the trigger finger too.

And their guns aren't INSANELY overpressurised. Great for shooting stuff at 100/200 ft but crap in reality since you're a) hitting targets from under 30 ft nmost of the time, and b) at that pressure the paintballs don't burst more often than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hougl0xdktibzv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Crossfire works out at 14c a ball
    Skirmish works out at 5c a ball for the boards.ie group

Originally posted by STaN
    Crossfire works out at 14c a ball
    Skirmish works out at 5c a ball for the boards.ie group

Before discount. You also must use ALL of your ammo at Skirmish (ie. you pay for what you don't use, unlike cross-fire)

Originally posted by Lemming
    Before discount. You also must use ALL of your ammo at Skirmish (ie. you pay for what you don't use, unlike cross-fire)

Keep them, share them, use them in your bath.

Its still a third of the price per ball and yes it is because of the group. But it is the group that's going. We can go to crossfire next time.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

What if you dont want 480 balls, its not as though we have a choice with Skirmish... Well my plan was originally to pay €33 entry (120free balls) And possibly buy 100 more, Theres no way I'll actually need the extras, and I can refund the ones I dont use.

Also, this business of 600 balls in one gun at Crossfire, the new guns just imported from the states... No ammo reloading, and You can sell back what you dont use... hehe Sounds great to me.

Besides what about moving vehicles on Crossfire, you go in a humvee type car and you get ambushed... Skirmish have stationary vehicles only.

Ah I'd prefer crossfire, simply because they are the ones who supply Skirmish... Crossfire is the way to go lads

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    What if you dont want 480 balls, its not as though we have a choice with Skirmish... Well my plan was originally to pay €33 entry (120free balls) And possibly buy 100 more, Theres no way I'll actually need the extras, and I can refund the ones I dont use.

Your only saving tupence.

If people don't want the extra ammo they can pay €40.

===

Rayzer learn to use a caps lock would ye :rolleyes:

Actually you'll be buying 120. Plastic bag packs of 60 a pop.

And the layout of some of the games is rather cynical in that it's just a shoot-fest to make you fire as much ammo as possible.

Also, this business of 600 balls in one gun at Crossfire, the new guns just imported from the states... No ammo reloading, and You can sell back what you dont use... hehe Sounds great to me.

I've not heard anything about these new guns. Must go check from my rather reliable source :)

Besides what about moving vehicles on Crossfire, you go in a humvee type car and you get ambushed... Skirmish have stationary vehicles only.

Sorry. There are no moving vehicles. You just can't have them due to the nature of people doing stupid things thinking they're rambo or something.

• Advertisement

We have a special for 100 balls for €14

This would be my ideal plan :

€33 entrance + €14 100balls =

220 Balls cost €47... aswell as the bus for 2 quid if I needed it ;)

220 Balls should be more than enough, At Skirmish I used 240 balls, and that was wastefully too...

We have a special for 100 balls for €14

Ours is 360 balls for €20

not meaning to be anal but that's assuming you get the full quota (or thereabouts) of people to attend, yes?

If it's not that's a rather impressive deal you sorted out with Skirmish.

True, Id say loads of people wouldnt intend to spend that much money on top of their entrance fee... Although I could be wrong

not meaning to be anal but that's assuming you get the full quota (or thereabouts) of people to attend, yes?

If it's not that's a rather impressive deal you sorted out with Skirmish.

I have my ways. Full quote is NOT needed.

The difference between €14 and €20 ain't that much tbh

I have my ways. Full quote is NOT needed.

The difference between €14 and €20 ain't that much tbh

Dont forget the 7 quid dearer entrance, aswell as the transport being 3 quid dearer....

Thats suddenly 16 quid now...

Erm .. can I just ask who in here is an employee (or former employee) of either skirmish or cross-fire.

I smell minor pimpage from both camps.

Originally posted by RAYZER
    does that mean for €40 i can get 720 paintballs, i don't think so.

Eh, it does :rolleyes:

Erm .. can I just ask who in here is an employee (or former employee) of either skirmish or cross-fire.

I aint...

• Advertisement

I have no affiliation with skirmish.

I chose them becuase a few of the lads said it was good. I havent been there and i want to go. They have worked very well with us so far to put together some good deals for the boards.ie group and im am impressed with them and their continued support.

fair enough lads.

T'was just a lot of use of the word "us" and "we" in some of the posts.

heh.

I need to get out of sys.admin and back into programming. Im' getting farrrr too suspicious of everything ;)

There was a certain amount of pimping though in that i said id organise it. I chose a date and a place. Bit too late to change that now.

I would not like to be you when people go looking for €60 worth of paintballs ( 1080 )

i sure you have picked it up wrong from however you are getting your prices from...

i would not like you to be me either. Prices straight from the source

OK OK.

Chill lads.

Skirmish this time. Crossfire next time.

wildst thou be joining us lemming? :ninja: hehe

wildst thou be joining us lemming? :ninja: hehe

Hmmm .. I dunno. I went to Skirmish before (having played quite a bit of paintball before - so knowing what else was out there) and I didn't really enjoy it.

I dunno. Some serious arm-twisting will be needed (unless the b*stards hurry up with my m4-ram from the US and I can use it on the day .. hehe)

• Advertisement

Right this is merging with boards.ie Paintball at Skirmish

Next time itll be Crossfire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I would not like to be you when people go looking for €60 worth of paintballs ( 1080 )

i sure you have picked it up wrong from however you are getting your prices from...

for the record its possible to order in 2000 paintballs for 50 euro(shipping is like 3 euro.), so the prices he's quoting are good but by no means extravagant.... and having gone to crossfire twice i've never seen anyone use under 300 or so balls, and that run's up quite a bill, cost me 93 and 108 for my 2 trips.........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

is it allowed to buy your own paintballs and bring them to crossfire????

where can you purchase them and what type of paintball are they???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Any plans to do this again? Just home from skirmish today with my year. Brilliant time had by all and not too expensive. We are all 17/19 and for players aged 15-18 you get 400 bullets and all the gear for €30 a head and then a tenner for the bus down. Was about 35 of us in all and we played 3 games, two of which were played twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Eh, I thought that advertising had to be paid for on boards.

Was in Skirmish recently and tbh, I thought it was ****. Head shots don't count, the games are badly designed leaving you get shot from less than 5 feet away (I took a shot from 2ft) and overall found the marshalling to be appalling.

It seems you have to go to Tralee to get good paintball in this country :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

I wasn't meaning to reccomend Skirmish in particular, I had never been anywhere before and really enjoyed it. The games probably could have been done better but they were enjoyable all the same, main plus about it was the half decent rate we got due to being 18 and under.

• Advertisement
Advertisement