Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otranome release news

Options
  • 05-06-2003 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

In Association with Gigsmart Ireland and Coercion Records Otranome are releasing our debut single Sweet Screams on Thursday 26th of June in the TBMC.

TBMC 26th June , 7.30pm , 6 Euro

-The Beautiful Losers
    -Mike Got Spiked
    -Special Guest To Be Conifrmed
    -Otranome

Gigsmarts own DJ Terry will be on the decks for a late night Gigsmart Party on the night.....we'll be previewing some tracks for the Gigsmart Compilation disc!!!!!!!!

Other bands are welcome to bring demo's for the Terry Meister to spin Im sure, and if nothin else its another good opportunity to abuse us or give us your opinions that you all value so much in person eh?? :D
    An in store in Tower Records is scheduled for Saturday 28th of June at 1pm all are welcome...enormous thank yous to Niall for the support and the Coercion records lads for all the promo work (especially across the water!!).

All the best,
    Trev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Lol! DJ Terry. Brilliant. I can picture him now...topless with a dirty big necklace, fag in one hand, beer in the other, givin' it sox.
    This is going to be a really fantastic night and i can't wait. Trev, will I wear my cheerleader uniform and stand at the door or run around Temple Bar and get a load of people to follow me?!

I shall be seeing y'all there I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭eddiesheridan

Sounds like a great night out to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Apologies for the bump !! EEeekk

Wallmark will be our special guests on the night!!

Sandi ....mmmm cheerleader !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

sounds sweet i shall be present and accounted for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

I'll ne playing tunes from the GigSmart CD that is due out the following week I think, and it will rawk your world.

This'll be an all nighter so take the next morning off work cause you ain't gonna make it in.

Really lookin forward to it.

Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Don't worry Niall, I've got my two days booked off work well in advance for the drunkenness that will no doubt happen. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

Whoohoo! Can't wait - this promises to be most excellent. And I'm definitely takin' Friday off work. Hell yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

another 2 dates in and around the launch;

Friday 27th, The Stables, Mullingar
    Otranome, Violent*Sky and special guest. Doors 9pm, adm €6

Saturday 28th in Tower Records, Wicklow St at 1pm where the cd will be on sale ........ obviously.

Excellent. I'll be at the Tower one to throw knickers at the lads. The stage is easier to throw stuff onto in Tower!

I hope thats a promise Sandi......! Hope loadsa people pop along to the in store(yeah its free) , having visions of playing to shelves of cd's...that would be kinda depressing!

we do a couple of radio shows preceeding the gig too if anyone wants to hear some of the tracks that will be on the disc....will post details when I get em.

All the best - trev

PS Thanks Sandi and LAGIRL for your interest.......Mick see you in the village!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Sooooo many deadly gigs so little time!!!!!!

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    Sooooo many deadly gigs so little time!!!!!!

Well put Ace!
    What am I gonna wear at all...decisions decisions...

Really looking forward to this gig now. T'will be a fantastic night out for all.

This gig is on next Thursday ....just reminding people about it. Listen in on the Web on Wednesday evening for some Otranome units on with Pete Reed....to be confirmed yet but hey request a song or whatever and you'll get a taste of what type of stuff we play.....

Theres some kinda of a mix of the EP on the Otranome.com site aswell , its MP3 format and not the master versions but will give you an indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

sandi, if you have a spare cheerleader uniform, id love to wear it also...if not:
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A CHEERLEADER UNIFROM?!

i'm a size 16 ,but can try to squeeeeeeeze into a 14...i only know this cos girls clothes are funky,so i wear them...oh the pride with which i say that...

dying for this KNOME-STRAVAGANZA.

mick, i cant get the night off work for your village gig,im anjived as you can imagine

For those interested ....we are doing a slot on Near FM tonight 10-11 at some stage

Anna Livia tomorrow at midnight for those of ya up that late

Phantom with Pete Reed on Wednesday Heavy Traffic 6-7 ..thanks Pete!!

Gig thursday in TBMC

In store in Tower Recprds on Saturday at 1pm (Its free)....please please support us ....my Ma wont go to any of these gigs....and even Richie's Mullingar Kin are goin to a gig down there !!

Thats about it, thanks to all, including of course Nessa In Music Matters International, who got the discs together...highly recommend MM!

Cheers,
    Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Originally posted by Trev M
    For those interested ....we are doing a slot on Near FM tonight 10-11 at some stage

That is true. What's this "at some stage" lark - I told you exactly what time! tsk....

...wait maybe I didn't...:eek:

F

cripes,now im listening tojungle boogie.

trev you dont "do" a slot...you make passionate love to it,amourously...where's your courtesy...tsk...

i want a god dam cheerleader outfit!

"Get down on it"......."Get down on it".....love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Ohhhhhhh this is gonna be mega......

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

Can't wait for this, quality line up, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Advertisement

Please make an effort to attend if you guys can , we've made huge efforts over the last few weeks, the disc looks and sounds great and the line up is really good .

Thanks to everyone who has helped and for all the radio stations and mags that have given us some exposure we are in your debt.

Hope to see y'all tonight ,
    Trev

Originally posted by Trev M
    Thanks to everyone who has helped and for all the radio stations and mags that have given us some exposure we are in your debt.

Hmmm interesting. Who shall I invoice? My current assets are on the up! :) Must work on my stock situation though.

A million thank yous to everyone who came last night we were extremely flattered by the attendance and hope everyone had a good time.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Viva Gigsmart, Rock N Roll Lives!

I had so much fun last night. Paid for it this morning but it's all good now!
    Congratulations on a fantastic gig guys. Have fun in Mullingar tonight and I'll see you in Tower on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

Twas a great night, we had alot of fun, this hangover really isn't getting any better but sure it was worth it.

www.beautifullosers.info

i played the cd on repeat for the whole of today (friday).not certain bout the recording of SS, but will give an opinion,once i can stop listeingin to just ANDY and E,N.

so drunk that nite...shame sandi's skirt was too short for me to wear

Ah sure it looked a bit weird on you anyway!

Advertisement