Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ie problom

Options
  • 05-06-2003 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

my friend just rang me and was describing a problom that he was having . basicly its not displaying any backgrounds or showing frames it was working perfectly .. i dont know what exactly done it but ... any ids ??? im googleign atm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

try resetting the browser.

delete all temp internet files and history/cookies etc. from the caches.

go to the advanced tab in internet options and click on the button at the bottom that says 'restore defaults'.

give it a reboot and try again.

what version of IE is it? on what version of windows?

anything else we should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye sorry my previous post looks shit now that read it .

win xp / ie 6 im at the computer atm and it seems just to not be showing backgrounds on any site ive alreay removed ie and put it back on . then . ive reset defaults . ive dumped all temps ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

Well, apart from the fact that you can't uninstall IE from XP.....you should delete all IE temp files & folders & any delete any MSI remanents from installed applications.

Also delete all cookies etc...

Then run a chkdsk /f to check for amomolies on the HD...

Has any S/W been installe don the PC that might have caused this problem? Any IE addins, plugins?

When ppl are posting with issues related to NT/W2K/XP/Server 2003, they should indicate if they're using NTFS, as this affects some applications and their behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

Oh - forgot to mention that it would be beneficial to run the system file checker

sfc /scannow

HTH

Advertisement