Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History predictions?

Options
  • 05-06-2003 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

The title says it all? Will it be good paper? Hope so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

i dunno...
    Art is treated really bad in our skool.. people just do it to avoid a language.. im good at Art but i did No study whatsoever for history..

Is there any short cuts? One guy told me that.. (for example SECTION 1) if you just learn all about pre-christian ireland.. newgrange, crosses, manuscripts, bronze/metal work etc.. and leave out everything else like "irish artists" and "georgian & palladian" sh!t that a question HAS to come up on pre christian..

repeat this with other 2 sections and you knock off bout 2 thirds of the course... Sounds like a Plan.. Need a C1 in Art ( i think ) for Design communications..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Go through the past papers. Find something you're interested in and learn a lot about it them. Get that Art History notes book and cog them. That's all they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

paul henry seems fairly topical cause there was the exhibition. worked last year with the impressionists.
    and for the irish section you're proably best off doing up to early christian ireland ie. all the stuff you said plus manuscripts and high crosses but also go in with about 3 irish artists under your belt just to be sure.

Advertisement