Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomnia.....no not da faithless song

Options
  • 05-06-2003 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

finding it really hard to sleep these nights :(
    i mean last night i had my lavander oil out and my damien rice on an i STILL couldn't snooze
    also kinda effect me in the exams, i daydreamed about footballers for like 20 minutes in irish today
    so any ideas?
    how can i to sleep??
    and no im not just gonna read fiosracht mna until i drop off 2nite...
    help lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Having the same problem, i think its from all the night before cramming. My minds too active. Nothing you can do about it really besides drugs but thats never a good idea.

Cut down on the study maybe.(Sure, good one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Quit the late nights of study, they don't really work all that well for most people. You're probably far better off getting up earlier in the morning and studying then, it'll stick that bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

SCHPLEEEEFF!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Do some excercise a while before going to bed (y'know... to wear you out a bit, but don't do it STRAIGHT before cause of andrenaline)... Don't drink anything like Coke after 8pm. Caffeine and so on. Not good for sleeping.

And just relax. I'm usually an insomniac... it's not particularly bad right now. Managing 6 hours some nights even. :) So just relax and try not to think too much. Or get lost in thoughts. Either works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm only doing one subject albeit maths [again] and I've been the exact same way since last FriDay.

saying that, I didn't daydream about footballers today [or ever for that matter :p]...not my cup o tea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by Sarky
    Quit the late nights of study, they don't really work all that well for most people. You're probably far better off getting up earlier in the morning and studying then, it'll stick that bit better.

yep yep! works for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

yeah i do that anyways ya see...like you'll see me on these boards by 6 am...

and hay whats the story lads i was expectin waaay more "i know what to do with ya late at night ella...heh heh heh" posts
    call urselves boys *shesh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

yeh you could fL|[|< Teh beanzzorrzz!111!

I mean, y'know, it gets ya tired n' stuff.....and, stuff like......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dNC | Tickle

Yeah i just had a wan...ehh i read some poetry and boring sh1t and i dropped off. Although before the maths exam i couldn't sleep till 4am. :/ And as funkstard said, you can always tire yourself out in...someway...:D Ohh and yea i know how i could wear you out late at night ella :D

dirty sex hound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

yeah ella i had the same problem! i didnt get to sleep until 4 on the night b4 the english .i tryed all that other stuff like lavender ,soft music,warm milk........ then i gave up and got sleeping pills from my doc that worked! its not a good a idea all the time but its just 4 the leaving.mind u they r damn strong i was having a pretty freaky trip last nite i thought there was a purple rino in room and i was awake at the time so im pretty sure thats not good! oh well twas fun all the same!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D ah dear, drug reliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Same problem here.... although when I couldn't sleep, I studied a sample answer for Irish Paper 2 until 2am.... I was wrecked but the *exact* same question came up a few hours later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Unfortunately I suffer from the same problem but luckily mumsy knows a nurse and she got me some pillies, did the trick.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This is crazy I thought I was the only one. I've tried everything but now I just stay down and watch telly til all hours.

ya, or really annoy all my m8s by txtin em. Right, on Sunday night i'll see ye all on the boards at 3am den. hay we can have a midnight society!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

See ya 3am so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What i've been doing is going for a run and I just keep running until I cant move anymore, and then i struggle back to my house, and then read snoopy books until i fall asleep.
    seems to be working so far but im gona have a lot of trouble before history :/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

9 hours sleep in 3 days has caught up with me tonight, am shattered :( Gonna get a 12 hour sleep now, then do an all nighter on saturday so I can hopefully sleep sunday.

Celtic tiger, I wouldnt recommend doing that.
    I did that for a mock, cause i broke my arm the day before it started and it messe dup my cramming, and on the monday I was completly ****ed, could barely move :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by PHB
    What i've been doing is going for a run and I just keep running until I cant move anymore, and then i struggle back to my house, and then read snoopy books until i fall asleep.
    seems to be working so far but im gona have a lot of trouble before history :/

I might try that myself. I can't sleep a lot. Whats the significance of the snoopy books....curse you red baron etc.

They're not interesting nor boring, they are just in the middle. Its just light reading, nothing that would get you sitting up reading for hours.
    Pick any comic really :)

If i could suggest a song to help you sleep-

Sigur Ros - Staraflur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I usually go for a bit of Stairway to Heaven or slap on the best of the police.
    Concentrating on the drumming in that has a great way of relaxing me(Stewart Copeland, that mans high-hat work is unreal)

Advertisement