Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56k problems

Options
  • 05-06-2003 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

whenever i play Q3 with my 56k online the shot is 2 seconds late how am i expected to play like that. guest which hes going to go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I dont think uve configured ure settings rite. on a 56k modem u should get like 20ms ping. it should be unreal and u should be the bestest of the best on a server with no delay in the shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Q3 online with a 56k modem is difficult, you'll always get a certain lag between when u fire and where the other guy is. If you search about the net you'll find details on configuring your modem and changing Q3 online settings so that it works a bit better. But its never going to be great, choose a different online game like one of the halflife mods as they're playable on a modem, when u get DSL go back to Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

q3 on 56k isnt worth the hassle even on isdn its a headache as with i think all other games based on q3 engine. Play quakeworld or counter-strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

dont bother playing on anything less than 64k isdn. people are too good after 3-4 years of q3. also loadsa broadbanders will lag u to death. 56k vrs 56k is viable only just

Advertisement