Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest Subject??

Options
  • 05-06-2003 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

I as just wondering what you thought was the subjecyt with the biggest work load?? Personally i'd pick History or Chemistry as the workload is massive!! Just wondering what the other subjects are like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

anyone doin Chemistry & Physics in the one subject... if there is anyone, they'll be in my prayers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

irish
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn you douglas hyde

or someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

i dont like you physics .... i dont like you at all . But thankfully i got 3.5 days to study this subject alone so i should be alright ... i dont mind history to be honest its just a load of nice wee stories isnt it!

Originally posted by DSMe
    i dont like you physics .... i dont like you at all . But thankfully i got 3.5 days to study this subject alone so i should be alright ... i dont mind history to be honest its just a load of nice wee stories isnt it!

nice wee stories are half a page long and have a nice ending!!

our nice stories are 6 pages long with disaterous endings... and you do that 5 times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

History is easy to get an A in you just have to work really hard at it.

Statistically classics is the hardest paper to get an A1 in, and its damm hard to do :)

6 pages each , are u crazy man . The MOST i would write on 1 essay is 4 pages and an average af about 2.5 and in that space i can elaborate on all of my points
    A few examples :Land Purchase 2.5 pages
    Parnell 4
    Gladstone 3.5
    Fianna Fail 3 or 3.5 if 45-48 is inc.
    France 3
    Busmark 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Originally posted by PHB
    History is easy to get an A in you just have to work really hard at it.

Now that is a contradiction if ever I heard one. Anyhow.. I'd definitely say Irish.

Irish, no way hozay!

in history the most i've written was 11 pages on one topic... sinn Féin. loads a notes on that. i wrote 44 pages in tne mocks and did question 1 twice on diff topic to scrape more marks. but i've not much prep done for tuesday!!

What?? That is impossible ... u writin must be massive ... i couldnt write 44 pages on my own life ... i mean common 44 pages in 3.4 hours or whatever it is , would be really freakin hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Physics & chemistry together are relatively easy or so i'm told by several people.

I did physics and chemistry seperately, and yet i'd still go for irish being the hardest subject if you're weak at languages (like i am), B1 in physics compare with a C2 in irish and i spent at least 5 times the amount of time studying irish over physics.

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by DSMe
    What?? That is impossible ... u writin must be massive ... i couldnt write 44 pages on my own life ... i mean common 44 pages in 3.4 hours or whatever it is , would be really freakin hard

ah when your good your good!

no i am just a fast writer and the examiner had to pull the pen outta my hand. i swear i saw smoke comin off the page! that was just a freaky day man!

well , i hope u the best ! u speedy backstard! btw what u got prepared? This is what i got done :
    Section A : Unionist Opp to HR
    Gladstone
    Parnell

Section B :
    Cumman na nGaedheall
    Inter Party
    Fianna Fail

Section C :
    Bismark
    3 french Republic (i think likely)
    and a lil bit of Church State relations if im stuck

Section D
    Cold War
    European Unity
    Hitler (mostly internal)
    and somethin else that i cant remember

Section E
    Isacc Butt
    Spanish Civil War

Do u think i will get by and do u think there are any other that i should have coverd? gimme some thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I'd have to totally disagree with you on Chemistry. As far as im concerned its both the smallest and easiest course of the eight that I'm doing. Well, the applied maths course might be shorter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

Biology, biggest workload ever.. also the biggest pile of ****e i shouldnt have listened toa ll them 5th years sayin that was the easiest science:/ i regret it badly:(

cartman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by cartman
    Biology, biggest workload ever.. also the biggest pile of ****e i shouldnt have listened toa ll them 5th years sayin that was the easiest science:/ i regret it badly:(

cartman

I think (in my day) Biology was the easiest science subject (I did all 4).

All biology is, is learn and recite.

Chemistry, Physics and Applied Maths all more applied brainpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

History is the same, just learn it off and recite, theres no real chalange to it, unless they throw some funky topics your way, but if you';ve learnt off enoguh you can pick nice topics.

My easiest course would have to be maths, or maybe physics.
    Physics is the same, its a no brainer, just learn it off and recite it.

I think english is the hardest subject there is just because you have to have a certain zing to get an A1 in it.
    Then again if you put enough work you could memorise all the essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I found Biology and Tech Graphics the easiest and Languages in general the hardest.

The answer to this question varies depending on the person and their attitude / aptitude towards each subject

Advertisement