Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Awards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

yesterday
    all my troubles they seemed here to stay
    now i know that they've all gone away
    coz i believe, in john o shea
    why harte has to play
    i dont know, i couldnt say
    but i believe, in jooooooooooohn o shea....

(even though he's from Waatherford. even better than manchester, or so im told)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I totally agree with all the votes on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

<..snip..>

another comment like that and your banned...

Vagga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Shame there's no Boards.ie Most Fu<king StupidFootball Poster of the Year award 50cent, you or SprostonGreen would be in a dead heat for it. Both United fans too as well what a coincidence :rolleyes:

Now back to slagging coloured players about the size of their lips :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

50cent your lucky vagga got to this before I did because I hate racist comments I will normally perm ban someone for them !

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Good results pity these guys couldn't pick the winners every year have to agree with all their decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Now these were the people that should have won those PFA awards etc. Especially Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Moyes and John O'Shea.I'd have to say the hardest to decide would be between Cudicini and Friedel.

how does cudicini not get in the italien side
    dammit wish he'd marry someone irish to get citzenship and play for us
    *sigh* guess id be willing to offer, o the sacrifice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I dont think i can disagree with those votes/decesions at all.

At least some people see sense :p
    You not like Given then? ;)

You know somthing? Thats amazing the way you assumed that i had made racist comment. Thats actually ****en ridiculous. I was not being racist. four of my friends are black and they have no problem slagging henry. I wasnt making a generalisation either. It has absolutely nothing to do with him being black. The same way phil neville looks like Frankenstein. Or calling Rooney "Ears" Does that mean im racist now? Or does that make my friends who are black racist for saying that? You guys made the mistake not me. You assumed i was being racist. I wasnt. How dare you actually assume that...****en ridiculous.

Going back on topic now, all the votes are perfectly fair.

Im actually in a really bad mood you assumed i made racist comments. :mad:

This is also directed to the ****wit who also assumed i was being racist...
    Shame there's no Boards.ie Most Fu<king StupidFootball Poster of the Year award 50cent, you or SprostonGreen would be in a dead heat for it. Both United fans too as well what a coincidence

• Advertisement

given's had better seasons
    hes definatly good though
    i just dont want nicky "ive no club" colgan as our only choice if shay gets injured
    DAMMIT why isnt he iker O casillas

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    given's had better seasons
    hes definatly good though
    i just dont want nicky "ive no club" colgan as our only choice if shay gets injured
    DAMMIT why isnt he iker O casillas
    Casillas is a crap keeper IMO.

I think Casillas is a deadly keeper. He did stop a lot of the shots in the Utd match. But just my opinion.

Also briefly going back on the part where some ppl thought i was racist. Id like to tell you all somthing. Half of my relatives are black. its only narrowminded people who would take my comments as being racist. What i said was not racist, i made a perfectly valid point and it IS ONLY IN THIS SMALL NARROWMINDED COUNTRY where people would take this the wrong way. In my opinion, its those people who need help, not me. Remember, half of my ****en relatives are black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

he may have stopped a lot off shots..

but a bag load got past him remember!

Watch them again then. He couldnt help it. When two of the worlds most attacking football teams meet, there will always be goals and lots of them.

how many high scoring games have you seen in the latter stage of the last few world cups with all the best players on show..

great teams have great defences...

I think Real Madrid have a kinda myth as this amazing team around them, but they are not top of their league and they did not get into the final of the champions league. Yes they have some of the best players in the world, but they also have some ordinary players there too..

I think instead of 30 million on a waste of space like beckham, they could get stam for a song, and maybe cannavaro or someone from italy and toughen up their defence..

Theres more attacking players on Utd and Real combined than any other team...club wise or internationally.

Oh i do agree, their defence is not up to par. But they still are in my opinion the most attacking team with Manchester Utd in existence today. There is no other team more attacking.

I dont think Real would spend that kind of money on a defender. They only buy players who "like to play real football". Sure Roberto Carlos isnt even a great defender but coming forward he is somthing else. Beckham is hardly a waste of space...he can put the ball anywhere and has marketing value unheard of b4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Henrys goal was MUCH better than Van the Man's

and so was Murphys against Evertons. and shearers. its cause Van nistelrooy has a united badge he won that!!

lol vinny :rolleyes:

ye course it was...so much so that ALL the sky sports viewers voted otherwise...if you ask me there the ones who are wrong..he only won it cos of his badge...ye right!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by 50Cent
    ye course it was...so much so that ALL the sky sports viewers voted otherwise...if you ask me there the ones who are wrong..he only won it cos of his badge...ye right!!! :rolleyes:

course your right 50cent.... sure there are only a handful of supporters that watch sky that are united supporters!! you plonker. about 60% of sky sports viewers are united "jump on the bandwagon case they win stuff" supporters. out of the pundits only one picked his as the best goal. good aul united fans!! you never let me down

Theres more attacking players on Utd and Real combined than any other team...club wise or internationally

Brazil? Arsenal? Milan?

get a grip!

Im serious.

Originally posted by VinnyL
    course your right 50cent.... sure there are only a handful of supporters that watch sky that are united supporters!! you plonker. about 60% of sky sports viewers are united "jump on the bandwagon case they win stuff" supporters. out of the pundits only one picked his as the best goal. good aul united fans!! you never let me down

ye sure...:rolleyes:

Im serious.

well its hard to believe that.

there should be an avatar below you name telling us how many stupid posts youve posted on average per day!!

Shut the **** up you silly ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I was so disappointed Scott Parker didnt win the young player of the year, but then again there arent too many Charlton fans out there to vote for him. The guy is an absolute sensation, but because he doesnt play for a fashionable club (i.e. - one that plays European football year in, year out) he doesnt get any recognition. AND HOW ON EARTH WAS ANTTI NIEMI NOT KEEPER OF THE YEAR ??? The guy got Southamptons fans player of the year ahead of Beattie for gods sake ! He made some amazing saves that the poxy Irish premiership neglected to show us, and was the main reason we got to the cup final and eighth in the league. Friedel was great, Cudicini is nothing but a great shot-stopper, but Niemi is the real deal.

Shut the **** up you silly ****.

thats a great argument!! i stand corrected!

winding up dumb united fans like yourself is soo easy. why doesnt a real united fan come on and tell me that van nistelrooys goal was the best last season? he was the best player last season though!

man ur just bored.

uve nothing else to do so you come on here and try get some self confidence back after probably getting rejected yet again...so your feeling self concious, lonely and confused. Is it you(you keep asking yourself)...yes it is. Your a ****en idiot. Your probably an ugly looking **** too. Am i gay you ask? No im not...but lets face it, im probably right.

Congratulations. Hopefully this will make you feel better. Cos i aint arsed my lonely friend explaining to you why Van Nistelrooys goal was the best. Cos i dont really give a **** if it isnt.

Adios ****face.

• Advertisement

ha ha. i get great entertainment value out of people like yourself. one of the "collect 10 crisp packets to become a united supporter!"

your a waste of space, and guessing by your nickname, your a wannabe gangster, who wishes he was born black!

i'm just gonna put ye on the aul ignore list now, so neither of us get banned, cause 50cent wants his bottle.

boo hoo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Theres more attacking players on Utd and Real combined than any other team...club wise or internationally.

What a load of sh1te.

A.C. Milan:

Rivaldo
    Tommasson
    Inzaghi
    Rui Costa
    Pirlo
    Shevchenko
    Leonardo
    Donati
    Dalla Bona
    Serginho
    Roberto Bortolotto
    Alessandro Matri
    Michele Piccolo
    Borriello

Arsenal:
    Pires
    Ljungberg
    Jeffers
    Bergkamp
    Wiltord
    Henry
    Pennant
    Kanu
    Toure
    Svard
    Aliadiere

And yes, all there are either attacking mid feliders or Strikers.

So, how meny "Attacking" players do Man Yoo have?
    Maybe 6?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And to add to that Arsenal in full flow play a far more attacking and actractive football that either Real or Man utd.

When Pires, Ljungberg, Viera, Henry and Bergkamp start stringing passes together defenders don't have a fookin' chance.

Arsenal are geat goign forward....except when the opposing team relaises they play narrow and change their tactics to match.
    Just onc reminder.....Ajax. How can such a 'great' team be held by such a 'medicore' team. You ask why Van Nistlreooy's was so good? Well he showed power, strength, speed and great finishing. It was also made totally by himself. WTF more u need?
    Henry is an amazing attacker but his goals werent quite as good this season, next year? who knows.

Tbh Vinnyl u been a bit of an ass. I dont watch that much 'world' football but i gotta admit Man u play very atractive attacking football. More than a lot of teams i seen (yes arsenal play it too).
    Dont know where u got ur high horse but ask for a refund as its defective.

As for your ''he only won it cos of his badge'' and about 60% of sky sports viewers are united "jump on the bandwagon case they win stuff". I tbh jsut gotta laugh and tbh i hope this answers both your quotes. Most Sky Sports fans live in England and most SKy SPorts fans are not Man U supporters. A high preportion of them might be but not quite as high as you make might believe. Believe it or not, but man united has a much higher following outside England that within it so, please stick your comment up your pompous ass. (if im very wrong i will take my verbal beating but i dont think i am.)

Just so you know for 100% (as if u didnt already), I am a Man U supporter. One of the so called sheep who only start as long as they win stuff...althought if i only wanted glory shouldnt i be an Arsenal supporter by now? afterall they play the ''better" and more "succesfull" football in last couple of years.....

Once again...GROW UP.
    Add me to your ignore list please as i dont hink you will bae able to handle what i had to say and o err K THX BYE

Accepted. Im admitting im wrong here with that statement. I really have to start reading up on that ****en Milan team. There the dark horse of football, i never expected them to be European Cup Winners. I have to admit, so much speculation goes around Utd and Real, i tended to forget the rest and not pay much attention.

As for that other tool, VinnyL, i really hit the spot with him. Well i can admit when im wrong...and i was with that statement...but i bet everything i said about vinnyL is true. He is calling me a waste of space cos im a utd fan.

Oh man, your insecurities could eat you alive by the sounds of you.

Your just a sexually frustrated rejected peace of crap.

And can i also mention that Arsenal are no way near as dangerous as Utd going forward. They are not as good a team as Utd. Im sorry, but Utd at their very best is better than Arsenal @ their very best.

Milan V Utd...thats a match i will be dreaming of.

When Arsenal start to play football in the European cup and get past the group stages and look a challenge...ill change my mind but until then...not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I honestly believe that Rod Marsh doesn't watch Chelsea play to come and say Carlo is poor on crosses is laughable, he makes one mistake against Mancs at Old Trafford and because of that Marsh says Friedal wins hands down, what also escaped his attention is that Brad conceded 5 against Newcy Brad is a good keeper but Carlo has done it consistently, save of the season against Spurs at White Harte Lane its makes it even more special as he was going the other way.:)

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Arsenal are geat goign forward....except when the opposing team relaises they play narrow and change their tactics to match.
    Just onc reminder.....Ajax. How can such a 'great' team be held by such a 'medicore' team. You ask why Van Nistlreooy's was so good? Well he showed power, strength, speed and great finishing. It was also made totally by himself. WTF more u need?
    Henry is an amazing attacker but his goals werent quite as good this season, next year? who knows.

Tbh Vinnyl u been a bit of an ass. I dont watch that much 'world' football but i gotta admit Man u play very atractive attacking football. More than a lot of teams i seen (yes arsenal play it too).
    Dont know where u got ur high horse but ask for a refund as its defective.

As for your ''he only won it cos of his badge'' and about 60% of sky sports viewers are united "jump on the bandwagon case they win stuff". I tbh jsut gotta laugh and tbh i hope this answers both your quotes. Most Sky Sports fans live in England and most SKy SPorts fans are not Man U supporters. A high preportion of them might be but not quite as high as you make might believe. Believe it or not, but man united has a much higher following outside England that within it so, please stick your comment up your pompous ass. (if im very wrong i will take my verbal beating but i dont think i am.)

Just so you know for 100% (as if u didnt already), I am a Man U supporter. One of the so called sheep who only start as long as they win stuff...althought if i only wanted glory shouldnt i be an Arsenal supporter by now? afterall they play the ''better" and more "succesfull" football in last couple of years.....

Once again...GROW UP.
    Add me to your ignore list please as i dont hink you will bae able to handle what i had to say and o err K THX BYE

thanks for your CONSTRUCTIVE comment, but i am very much an ABU and get outta hand some times!

DOnt get me wrong, Van Nistelrooy IS the premierships best player, just Henrys goal IN MY OPINION was better. ye man 50cent didnt have to be such a tosser by thinking by getting personal he would disprove my point.

its nice to see that B-K-DzR is one of the handful of united supporters who i am delighted for that they have been successfull. I have this row with my dad every day!!

but as 50cent and his Hitler "you vill agree vit me" approach to the forum, his ignorance to not resorting to a proper arguement, but to resulting to personal slagging, and racist comments shows him up as indeded a "Prawn cocktail" supporter, as Roy Keane would like to brand them.

Mostly however, i'm dissappointed that an apparent REAL fan of ManU, B-K-DzR, would condone 50cents mixture of racist and personal assaults upon anyone who doesnt think in his narrow minded way!

First of all, im not a racist. Half of my relatives are black. I merely called Henry lips because he talks a lot hence the va va voom part and he has BIGGER LIPS than normal. I wasnt referring to all black people as lips. Its only in this country...repeat, in this country this would happen. I have been to South Africa many times b4, im going again this summer, i can have this conversation with complete stranger who are black over there in a pub, and they agree with me. Its only this ****en tiny, puny, peace of **** in the middle of the ocean who would think i was being racist. Hence my point on calling Rooney "ears"...does that make my friends or complete strangers i met in SA racist? Clearly it does by the sounds of it in this crazy place...but it doesnt...reason being Rooney is not black. He is white. But if Rooney is black and someone caled him "Ears", theyd be regarded as a racist if the person who said it is white...what a ****en joke!? Seriously, if your still inbred enough to think of that as being racist...or you still think im racist...**** you. I dont care. My very own cousin who is black is in the room with me right now...and he agrees with me. He cant understand where you or anyone else who thinks im racist is coming from.

And about you Vinnyl, your a ****wit. Its as simple as that. Your just a sexually frustrated angry little rejected bitch who cant get any nooky. And dont call me racist again, cos as you can tell, it really annoys me.

First of all, im not a racist. Half of my relatives are black. I merely called Henry lips because he talks a lot hence the va va voom part and he has BIGGER LIPS than normal. I wasnt referring to all black people as lips. Its only in this country...repeat, in this country this would happen. I have been to South Africa many times b4, im going again this summer, i can have this conversation with complete stranger who are black over there in a pub, and they agree with me. Its only this ****en tiny, puny, peace of **** in the middle of the ocean who would think i was being racist. Hence my point on calling Rooney "ears"...does that make my friends or complete strangers i met in SA racist? Clearly it does by the sounds of it in this crazy place...but it doesnt...reason being Rooney is not black. He is white. But if Rooney is black and someone caled him "Ears", theyd be regarded as a racist if the person who said it is white...what a ****en joke!? Seriously, if your still inbred enough to think of that as being racist...or you still think im racist...**** you. I dont care. My own cousin who is black is in the room with me right now...and he agrees with me. He cant understand where your coming from.

And about you Vinnyl, your a ****wit. Its as simple as that. Your just a sexually frustrated angry little rejected bitch who cant get any nooky. And dont call me racist again, cos as you can tell, it really annoys me.

right 50 cent, well bury the hatchet then. we were BOTH misunderstood your not a racist, and i'm not those 150 things you called me!

Quits?

PS the girlfriend says hi!

Ye quits but thats not healthy. Seriously. I registered in march and used it in college every day, and i work at a desk for the summer where i can use the net as much as i want and i still only post 5.29 messages per day which i think is ridiculously high but im in work and im bored.

but ye quits.

• Advertisement

yea sorry buddy but i used about 15 posts arguing with you!!

nah i'm doin my leaving at the mo and i've been posting like crazy to getting tips when i've been online getting notes!

After the leavin the use will wear of and i'll not by house bound like i am now!

i hate the leavin...... but at least the piss up we have after will be worth the wait

the leaving sucks ass. Its a waste of time imo. but you still need it to go anywhere...ill never understand how i even got 350...they are pretty generous with the marks i have to admit.

i felt the awards were pretty fair though, Henrys goal was really good, but at the end, jus b4 he shot it, it looked like he miss hit the ball which took him to the left and then he shot. Thats why i didnt like it. But im also a Utd fan and i stand by RVN at all costs cos he is what won us the league.

But im also a Utd fan and i stand by RVN at all costs cos he is what won us the league.

why d'ye think i said danny murphys goal was better?

i'm a biased fu<ker really

anyone goin to the Ireland game wednsday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Closing this thread as it is decending into farce.

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement