Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Utd Team Next Season

• 05-06-2003 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Niemi

G Neville O Shea Ferdinand Silvestre

??????? Keane Duff

Scholes Or Veron Ronaldinho

Van Nistelrooy

What ya think? Basically a 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

United dont need Duff, now that Ronalidinho is signing and Giggs is still there.

It could well be..................

New Keeper????

G Neville Ferdinand Silvestre O'Shea

Veron Keane Scholes Giggs

Ronaldinho

Van Nistelrooy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I reckon they will still get duff. They need a larger squad.

Ronaldinho - Att Mid(best position), can play right mid or left mid(but lets not forget this is why he wants to leave PSG...cos he was constantly played out of position and fell out with the coach...)

Giggs - Left Mid

Duff - left mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ok try this
    Niemi
    Brown----O'Shea
    Ferdinand
    Silvestre----

Beckham
    Keane----Scholes
    Duff----

Ronaldinho

Van Nistelrooy

Confident...You rate Becks will stay?

Increasing Barca Speculation again today..."he will be our player" Barca president guy up for election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I don't actually think they'll get a new keeper in fact I think they'll only make one BIG signing this Summer and that will be either Duff or Ronaldinho. And if they make a second, maybe a new defender - Stephen Carr possibly and hopefully!

• Advertisement

I think Man Utd have the money for 2 big transfers the question is are they willing to part with their money!!

I think Man Utd have the money for 2 big transfers the question is are they willing to part with their money!!

Course they will. This is all ****en talk about "no big signings this year" as said by Fergie. We all know its bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

It might be:

Howard/Rustu

Finnan/O'Shea - Ferdinand - Silvestre - O'Shea/Escude

Solskjaer/Veron - Keane - Scholes - Duff/Giggs

Ronaldinho

Van Nistleroy

I have to say Finnan is no way near good enough to replace G Neville on that right flank.

Is escude good enough? I know he was fergies "long term" catch(along with Gatusso and a fair few other) but i dont know if he is any good.

Actually what ya think of this one?

Niemi

G Neville
    ???????
    Ferdinand
    O Shea

Figo
    Keane
    Scholes
    Duff

Ronaldinho

Van Nistelrooy

I heard a rumour that Real offered Figo plus cash for Beckham...dont slate me...i just heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Giggs gets him game nearly every time, and hes been with Man Utd. his whole life, if Ronaldinho is signing fergie is going to buy someone who is competing with them when he could spend his money on a different part of the team

• Advertisement

Giggs is staying. Silvestre and O'Shea will rotate between CB and LB.

Finnan is not fit to walk the corridors of OT, Carr will not sign, never has there been any speculation of such.

It looks as if Becks is on his way out,may as well get a good price for him now, no harm as Solksjaer and Veron can play in that postion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

why are you all givin out about finnan, do you not know he was in the player's Team of The Year last year, and i somehow dont think liverpool would have signed him if he was crap
    just because he didn't play for a *big* club didn't make him rubbish

Nothing to do with him playing for a big club or not. He simply does not posess the talent to play for Man Utd in place of G Neville. I wish he could but he couldnt...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

GK) Rustu
    RB) G. Neville
    LB) O'Shea
    CB) Ferdinand
    CB) Silvestre
    RW) Veron/Solskjaer
    LW) Giggs/Duff
    CM) Keane
    CM) Scholes
    CF) Ronaldinho
    ST) van Nistelrooy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

i disagree ... gary neville is pants!!

he is useless at tracking the runs of the opposing winger & to top that, when he does 'guess' right, he gets cut to pieces!!

i think finnan is highly under-rated & i hate to say it, but i think liverpool are making a smart investment in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah gary neville sucks, lot more potential in finnan

Gary Nev is a great player, CL winners medal and most capped England player. Invaluable.

I don't agree with that.

Gary neville is useless and I would love to see him out of aold trafford. You just have to look at his performances this season. I don't even have to mention his greatest blunder against man city, but look at the difference John oshea made when ever he came on for him!

His greatest skills are his organisational skills - but this is also a great skill of rio... so take yer pic.

Cups / throphies / medals - dont mean ****. It was a team effort and not down to one person... lets not forget that quinton fortunre has these medals too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think SprostonGreen is being sarcastic, well at least I assume he is ;)

The new United team for this year 2003/2004

Schmeichael

Irwin
    Paul McGrath
    Pallister (lol)
    O'Shea

Kanchelskis
    Keano
    Scholes
    Giggsy

Dennis Law---Cantona
    I'm currently building my time machine. I might pick up Pele and Maradona aswell

no room for ruud???

• Advertisement

G Neville is a better player than Finnan imo.

Getting back on topic, i think there will be about 3/4 additional signings this summer if Beckham is to go...i dont want him too. I like him.

Gary Neville is in no way better than Steve Finnan. Gary Neville was a good player a few seasons back but he's gone off the boil!! He's been a great player for United but his performances of late have been lackluster at best they need a new right full-back badly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Utd team for next season!

Seaman

Danny Mills Tony Adams Scholes Ronaldinio

Les Ferdinand Steve Lomas Wayne Rooney Ronaldo

Paulo Maldini Eminem

Probably!!

hehe probably...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

What a fiction some of those teams are HA if they get half the players suggested ill be very surprized.

ABU!!!!

The bulk of the team will remain the same.

The only new possibilities are Ronaldinho and a new goalkeeper.

And why would you be surprised if one(half) of those players joined the Premiership champions ?

Advertisement