Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, all time low

Options
  • 05-06-2003 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I have been having problems in the last day or two with a free eircom email address after recieving my radsl from via networks (which works like a charm I must say). I have been trying to send support an email to get my domain and email addresses set up. Outlook gives me this error:
    The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'support@netsource.ie'. Subject 'Domain and Email Addresses', Account: 'pop.eircom.net', Server: 'pop.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I was particularly interested in this bit, sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. Does this mean eircom wont let me send emails to this address because its netsource?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

as far as i know u gotta use an eircom connection to use eircom pop3 accounts since your on netsource i don't think u can

i had an @iol.ie pop3 account and when i was booted off no limits i moved my dialup to oceanfree and bam i couldn't use it even though they are the same frigging company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

its smtp not pop thats not working

inbound server mail2.eircom.net (free pop server)
    change outbound server to smtp.netsource.ie in IE or Outlook

move messages from outbox to drafts folder

send a test message to your eircom account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

I can send/recieve emails no problem, I have been for the past 2 days, it just seems to be that email address. I just sent an email to myself there and it worked fine.

-Just after reading that last post, I didnt need to change any settings to send or recieve emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭QBall

If you want to send mail (SMTP) via mail2.eircom.net and you aren't connected via Eircom.Net then you have to POP first.

So if you have the following mail settings:
    SMTP:mail2.eircom.net
    POP3:mail2.eircom.net
    then you have to receive before you send (effectively to tell eircom that you are a customer and not some spammer trying to relay through their SMTP server). There doesn't have to be anything to receive, you just have to check it.

A better solution is to do what Muck said and have the following in the settings for your eircom mail account:
    SMTP:smtp.netsource.ie
    POP3:mail2.eircom.net

HTH

Advertisement