Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dlink 504 and conferencing!

• 06-06-2003 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Did you know that this router is incompatible (somehow) with netmeeting? Or even MSN apparently... Its on their website and my friend who got it all working when he tried it found to his horror as its the most he does with the net!!!

Something to do with ports... http tunnel will probably fix.. just letting you guys know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by Saruman
    Did you know that this router is incompatible (somehow) with netmeeting? Or even MSN apparently... Its on their website and my friend who got it all working when he tried it found to his horror as its the most he does with the net!!!

Something to do with ports... http tunnel will probably fix.. just letting you guys know.

http://support.dlink.com/supportfaq/DisplayTemplate.asp?TemplateId=308

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yeah my friend read that out over the phone last night.. even the "was this page helpful" to which he he said NO! :D

All it says is eh.. wait for an unspecified time for a new firmware.
    It would not bother me as i dont actually use them.. but i probably would use MSN etc if i had broadband as i would be online more. currently i mainly use it in work and not too often at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

got 504 router here
    works no problems with msn messenger..
    and number of ppl i spoke to , have nps with it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

same here, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

Can't see why it would not work??
    maybe you just need to open a couple of ports?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Not sure of the details of the 504, but I'm guessing it uses NAT. NAT caused major problems with messenger in the past because MS foolishly included IP addresses and port numbers inside the packet payloads. I thought they had sorted it out in recent versions tho, make sure you've got the latest version of MSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

He no longer has the 504 anyway.. he got the 3000G modem instead i think.. same problem. But on 56K its fine!.
    And its not MSN messenger itself, its just the video conference.. so if you use MSN and choose video it arses up. It says on their website it does not support it. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i use video conf via netmeeting and..

msn webcam addon nps via 504

Advertisement