Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 For Dreamcast

Options
  • 06-06-2003 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Lads anyone played this?
    it any good on dc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

I played it a bit. It's very hard to find a satisfactory control scheme on the hellish DC gamepad, but it plays really well with a keyboard & mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have it. I've not played it much (since I found the joypad wierd to play an FPS game with). I since acquired a keyboard & mouse for the DC, but haven't had the chance to give the game a proper go with them. It seems to be pretty much a replica of the PC version although admittedly I've not seen a great deal of it (yet anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I only played it breifly with controller...graphics etc were ok but just not made for a controller...and specially not the dreamcast one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Have to agree with previous posters. It is VERY difficult to play with a controller. The DC controller was not suited to FPS (it needed a second analogue stick and then it would have been fine). With Q3, it was not possible to map all of the controls to the controller and with movement or looking taking up most of the buttons, there is very little room for anything else.

Have played it with a keyboard and mouse and it works much better much the same as the PC version. Must dig it out for a blast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was a great game to play but not any more since the DC servers have gone bye bye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement