Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the law regarding public order offenses?

Options
  • 06-06-2003 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find a legal one (not really surprised).

I was just wondering about something I heard a garda saying to someone who was shouting at him, and wondered exactly what law it is.

He said to the abusive drunkard that he was required by law to act in a civil and respectful manner when talking to people in public [paraphrasing] and that his included the gardai.

Sounds fair enough like, but I was wondering if that would apply to people talking on the phone. I have to make and take calls as part of my job and get the odd abusive person on the line, and thought it would be nice to point this out to them before I hang up :D

any ideas/input from anyone?

doi we have a garda on the boards?

Comments

Advertisement