Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVS and firewalls

Options
  • 06-06-2003 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Is there any problems that might occur when using CVS on a college unix account trying to access the sourceforge CVS system.

I'm registered with a java project, but I get the following error after entering my password...

cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server cvs.sourceforge.net: Connection reset by peer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

There are a number of things that could be going wrong, including the possibility of a firewall.

Another possibility is that you have the wrong path to CVS in your xinetd.conf file.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

If you got this problem today before about 2pm there was a problem with sourceforge's CVS server. I couldnt connect either but it seemed to be resolved after lunch.

If the firewall wont allow you to establish a connection on port 1204 to cvs then you should be able to use the port 80 and port 443 servers at cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net. They port forward to cvs.sourceforge.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Could you elaborate on that Lynchie, what would be the actual commands?

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by LeperKing

cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server cvs.sourceforge.net: Connection reset by peer

The sourceforge server is in effect haning up on you duder.

This doesn't look like a firewalling issue... probably more likely a username/password error.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Wel I just tried to do a checkout, and this is what happened..

rcmd: socket: Permission denied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

check this link out for more info on connecting from behind a firewall

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

you could try http-tunnell (www.http-tunnell.com). handy app that. though since this thread is fairly old, im guessing you have it fixed. sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

any chance one of you cvs gurus would give me a hand getting a project update that sofar is only available that way ---- i downloaded wincvs and have it sort of setup but the only data to put into it that i have is
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@asuka.prohost.org:/forum21 checkout fud21_install
    (cant get rid of the smiley)

i really just dont know what all the bits are to begin with so i'm not sure where to put them into the program :confused:

Advertisement