Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo still billing €30 a month - how to stop them?

Options
  • 06-06-2003 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I've notice 'Indigo Services Ltd.' are billing me 30.71 a month for the pleasure of using ISDN with them. I think this stems from when I signed up in 1996 or so, when I got ISDN they were still charging IR19.99 a month to use it, which is IR24.99 with VAT which equals €30.71.

So I email them to tell them to stop. Ignored. Phone them and left hanging for twenty minutes, then disconnected, several times. If I try to change the subscription to a free account via their site, it tells me that the username and password which I've been using the last 7 years doesn't exsist on their database.

I rang the bank and they said they can stop the payment for three months, after which I would have to renew the stopping each three months.

It seems like I'll have to do this in order to make them contact me when they notice the money isn't coming in I'm just wondering if or when they would notice.

Anyone with a similar story or know any way of resolving this without a huge row, which I have a sever feeling is going to happen eventually?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I rang the bank and they said they can stop the payment for three months, after which I would have to renew the stopping each three months.

This doesn't sound right to me. I haven't cancelled a DD in a while, but the last time I did, I just walked in and said "cancel this DD please", and they said "certainly" and did it. Far less complicated that I'd imagined.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

IF the bank won't/cannot help, close the account and move your business elsewhere.

They are required to stop it, if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    I've notice 'Indigo Services Ltd.' are billing me 30.71 a month for the pleasure of using ISDN with them. I think this stems from when I signed up in 1996 or so, when I got ISDN they were still charging IR19.99 a month to use it, which is IR24.99 with VAT which equals €30.71.

So I email them to tell them to stop. Ignored. Phone them and left hanging for twenty minutes, then disconnected, several times. If I try to change the subscription to a free account via their site, it tells me that the username and password which I've been using the last 7 years doesn't exsist on their database.

from what i can see there is no link to the indigo billing/autoreg systems from their home page anymore-it seems to just point to eiromnets autoreg server, which would explain why your username /password isnt recognised.
    if you have a fax mahine-fax an instrution to cancel the serve-and tell your bank to anel the dd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Conor I had problems with indigo on a old unused internet account a while ago. Heres the thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38361&highlight=indigo

The only way I sorted it quickly was to get the name of the phone muppet I was dealing with and to basically make her life a misery and within a couple of days I had a full refund and confirmation the account was closed. Basically they are trying it on because their accounting system is in disarray.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thanks for the replies lads - the fax idea is good, but can I find a fax number listed on their websites or in the phone book? Can I fu<k.

So I reckon I'll just mail them once again, tell them to cancel the account, and take that as my notice to them, then tell the bank to cancel the debit and see what happens next.

I haven't been even able to talk to a real person yet, so I haven't a name of someone to hassle, but this might do the trick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

some fax numbers here
    http://home.indigo.ie/contact/

Advertisement