Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a bit of help with me 'Puter asap please

Options
  • 31-10-1998 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Jaysis my machine is after rightly ****in up.
    I had a 2.2 gig(c:) and a 3.3 gig(d:) in it, and it was fine at qp. the d drive though is only sitting on the bottom of the case, the the dumbass courier obviously cant read coz i got the bloody thing back upside down.
    when i booted it up it reconfigured for just having one drive (c:). it was all workin away grand so i opened it up to check the big d drive and sure enough the IDE cable was hangin out. so i put it back where it was sposed to be and rebooted. it reconfigured itself for 2 drives and then said 'invalid boot disk blah blah'. it seemed as if the c drive had just died or something. i booted up from a floppy and it booted up. when i went to check the drives, BOTH c and d drives said 'invalid media reading drive c/d:' which is the ****in message you get when your disk is unformatted. even though it gave that message for the d drive, i took it out and put it into my brothers machine and it is fine, all files there as usual. wtf is goin on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

GAH!,

Righty, Ronan, Gimme a ring at home today or the mobile and I'll talk to yah bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

after takin the machine apart into 20 different ****ing pieces and replacing the IDE cables it seems to be fine now.......thanx anyhoo

Advertisement