Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most under rated albums of the 90s

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

i think KoRn's first album was under-rated... but i don't think anyone on this board would agree with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

aphex twin - richard d james album
    astrobotnia - part i
    astrobotnia - part iii
    boards of canada - twoism
    bogdan raczynski - samurai math beats (fück yeah)
    bola - fyuti
    kettel - cenny crush (not half as many people know about this guy as should do)
    aphex twin - selected ambient works volume ii
    (in fact everything aphex has done)

there, so take your heads out of your indie-loving arses and enlighten yourselves to some nice good dance music. i might as well put in one title that will appeal to the congregation -

the smashing pumpkins - pisces iscariot
    (i know it's a collection of b-sides and unreleased songs, but why does nobody ever talk about it or how great it is? some fücking gems on that album.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Originally posted by Daylight

Built to Spill - Keep it like a secret
    Respect

Also

Sugar ..Copper Blue
    dEUS ..WCS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I WANT TOO MUCH by A House....

I'd admit it took me a while for this to grow on me, but after the release of their "best of" I've dug out all their albums...

Jesus, they had some sh!t hot tunes....but definetelty "I Want..."
    takes alot of beating...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Therapy Infernal love

Manics Gold against the soul (the best collection of singles they've ever released came from this album)
    Both of these albums are hated by the bands for some reason :confused:

Others would be

Super furry animals Fuzzy logic

The Sundays The Sundays

Weezer Pinkerton

Three colours red The title of which escapes me now but it rocks like a parkinsons sufferer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I don't know how it was received when it was released 'caus I was a wee kiddie but Siamese Dream by the Pumpkins....

Loads of people have never heard of it :eek: fools...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

Brand New Heavies "Heavy Rhyme" heavy on the rap, but all real instrumentation.. very sparse on the samples.. real poetry from the streets of Brooklyn, i urge everybody to pick this one up, whatever you do, don't buy the crappy "acid Jazz" they did.. this is rapping in a real raw form.. all guest rappers.. BRILLIANT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by JAFO
    Brand New Heavies "Heavy Rhyme" heavy on the rap, but all real instrumentation.. very sparse on the samples.. real poetry from the streets of Brooklyn, i urge everybody to pick this one up, whatever you do, don't buy the crappy "acid Jazz" they did.. this is rapping in a real raw form.. all guest rappers.. BRILLIANT!

sounds a treat:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

oh it is!!.. a real "how did i live without that?" kinda album!!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Therapy? - Suicide Pact - You First
    Kyuss - Sky Valley
    Joyrider - Be Special (who remembers them?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

Originally posted by Kopf
    the smashing pumpkins - pisces iscariot
    (i know it's a collection of b-sides and unreleased songs, but why does nobody ever talk about it or how great it is? some fücking gems on that album.) [/B]
    noone talks about it cos it's so hard to get so noone knows!! that's my theory anyway, i've been looking for it for ages...

Advertisement